Chapter 8 - "Girl in the Flower Dress"

(A/N: Starting of this chapter can get a little dark for some people, Sorry.)

[At the Bus]

Third Persons POV:

It was pretty early in the morning. Percy has woken up from his peaceful sleep with a nightmare. He had walked angrily to the cargo bay with a trail of horrid thoughts following him. How many beings he had tortured and killed in his demigod life? How many demigods have died in his leadership? Even after becoming a mortal, he had become a specialist in SHIELD. How many of the lives he had taken in his short carrier were not even his to take? 

He didn't even know how long he had been up letting out all the pent up emotions on the heavy bag in front of him with his bare hands. He was lost in his memories without even paying any attention to his surroundings, scenes flashing through his mind.  He remembered the pleading eyes and begging expressions on the faces of his victims including monsters. Each flash caused him to swing faster, strike harder and losing himself to the torture he was putting the bag through. He could very faintly hear the voice calling his name repeatedly but he was so lost in his thoughts and memories that he didn't acknowledge the voice until a hand softly gripped his shoulder. He spun around suddenly on his guard ready to break anyone's face, ready to strike whatever has bothered him, His instincts taking over. But he stopped himself from striking when he saw a terrified Gemma and Skye standing few feet behind her. His eyes widened slightly as he lowered his hands and sighed, "What are you doing, Gemma? I could've hurt you?"

Simmons let out a shaky breath, relieved that she didn't received a blow from Percy. She then turned angry and yelled getting in his face, "What am I doing? Look at yourself! What are you doing? How long have you been here?"

Percy frowned and replied her in confusion, "Not sure. What time is it?"

Her eyes softened slightly and she said, "It's four a.m. Everyone's asleep. Even May and Ward."

Percy's smart answer was, "Huh."

Gemma rolled her eyes at his response, "That's it! Look at yourself. Your hands are bleeding." She said the last part grabbing his hands.

Skye who was still looking at his hands with wide eyes joined the conversation, "I'm waking Coulson." Percy's head snapped towards her as he didn't even knew she was standing there, "Don't! It's blood, not nuclear waste. Chill out."

Gemma turned towards Skye and said, "Don't worry, Skye. I'll deal with it. You can go sleep." Skye looked like she wanted to protest but the look on Gemma's face said otherwise. She reluctantly walked back towards her room. Gemma turned towards Percy and dragged him towards the lab. She motioned him to sit down as she pulled out a first aid kit and began to tend to his hands, "So, why are you hurting yourself at this godly hour?"

"Just some old memories." was all the reply she got. She looked at his face while stopped cleaning for few seconds, "Percy, you can talk to me. What's going on in that mind of yours?"

Percy sighed and said, "I was just remembering the lives I have taken or the children I have orphaned." Simmons grabbed his face in her hands to make him look at her and said, "Don't think about it. Think about all the lives you have saved. You were only doing your job... But I can't shake the feeling it's more than that, isn't it?"

Percy looked her in the eyes and wanted to tell her everything about his past but instead smiled and said softly, "One day, Hermione. I'll tell you everything. One day."

She looked like she wanted to argue but didn't push him further, "Then I'll wait for that day." She then returned to her previous task of cleaning his wounds. After getting checked by Dr. Simmons, Percy cleaned the bag and surrounding area from blood stains.