Chapter 7 - "Eye Spy"

***********************

[In the Bus]

Percy' POV

The plane was flying through through the clouds as usual. We were going to Sweden. After our morning workout, Ward and I were sitting in the lab where Fitz was showing us the incapacitating guns. Ward was holding a bullet between his thumb and fore finger looking at it.

Ward says to Fitz, "I only get one shot. And it has to knock a person back, as well as out."

Fitz brings an advanced looking gun towards us, "Which is why we're perfecting this little beauty. '45-caliber cartridges, semi-automatic, Each mag... Contains eight therapeutic rounds of dendrotoxin."

Simmons looked over her back away from her microscope saying, "In case you missed!"

Ward gave her a look. Her smile falters.

Simmons continues, "Or had multiple assailants."

Ward moved his hand forward to grab the pistol but Fitz pulled the pistol back saying, "Yeah, w-we're gonna have this new night-night pistol working in no time. Okay?"

Ward says, "Great!"

I looked at Fitz calling him as he turned around, "Fitz! One thing... We're not calling it that. Come up with a better name."

I left the lab as I heard Gemma saying, "Ah! told you."

I walked into the hanger with Ward as Coulson walked down the stairs. He asked Ward, "Have you seen Skye?"

Ward replied to Coulson while climbing the stairs, "Not since weapons training."

Coulson asked him again, "Has she stopped saying "bang" when she pulls the trigger?"

I heard Ward replying to Coulson as I walked through the hanger doors, "Mostly. Now, if she can just learn the difference between the safety release and the magazine release, we'll be making real progress."

I walked into my room to get some my clothes as my eyes fell onto picture placed on the wall of the room. In the picture there was a man in his forties wearing spectacles holding a smiling woman sideways in his arm. There was a little girl in the arms of the woman who was apparently cooing at the woman. This was the picture of his family from before my mythological life. I looked sadly at the picture lost in the memories of my mother.

I had stopped eating blue cookies since her death. Blue cookies, that were my favorite. I sighed as Coulson walked into my room and asked, "Everything okay?"

He must've seen expression. I quickly covered up with a smile and answered, "Peachy! Need anything?"

He replied, "Be ready! We have a case."

*************************

[At a Train Station in Stockholm]

Coulson, May, Skye and I were walking towards the crime scene.

Coulson: Yesterday, 25 men, all military, were hired by one of the largest gem brokers in the world. They dressed the men in identical outfits, gave each one a randomly assigned briefcase, and sent them along 25 different routes here in Stockholm. No one knew which briefcase contained the diamonds, but they were still stolen. Tack.

May: Why the Kabuki theater?

Coulson: They were afraid because somebody's targeting diamonds...

I continued: an armored car in Milan, a safe in Monte Carlo, and now this... over $30 mil total. Each theft occurred despite heavy security.

May: They sound like inside jobs.