Chapter 6 - "The Asset"

Third person P.O.V.

[Unknown location]

[ music playing and A man is singing along]

Man (in a truck): Big boy, this is little boy. How'd things go down at the chicken coop? Weigh-station inspector needs to learn some adult words and a bit of hygiene, but he waved us through. The cargo is secure. Looks like a clean shot from here.

Man (on Radio): Roger that. Little girl will take point on your front door. See you at the drop stop, Mack. I'm clear.

(Two black SUVs drive by. One gets in the front of the truck and flies upward like someone threw it upwards)

Man: Son of a bitch. You see that?

Man (on the radio): Little girl is down. Repeat, escort two is down.

Man: I know, Sherlock. What the hell hit us? We need to go to alt two, alt two. Nothing over our shoulder.

Man (on the radio): Back door's clear. Protect the cargo at all costs.

Man (to HQ): S.H.I.E.L.D. region CT, this is Agent Mack. We are under attack from an unseen I-don't-know-what.

HQ: Agent Mack, advise nature of threat, over. What in the holy name of...

Man (to HQ): S.H.I.E.L.D. region CT... oh, hell, I can't explain. Oh, no!

(The man's words were cut off by his truck flying like SUV. After it falls down, a few armored men in military uniforms come to back door opening it to find a man in spectacles there)

Dr. Hall: Are we there yet?

***************************

Percy's P.O.V. [In the Bus]

I was in the hanger of the bus along with Ward. There were two punching bags hanging from the ceiling 10 feet apart. I wore my hand wraps and tightened them. I walked towards the bag and started punching it in patterns. Ward was also punching his bag. A few moments later, Skye walked into the hanger in her sweats.

Ward: You know you're late.

Skye: I'm tired from the morning's workout. I thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D., not 24 hour fitness.

Ward: Its called the relative strength training, starting with the basics. And next time, you do 15 push-ups for every minute you're late.

Skye: Fine, Mr. Fun machine. Better than pull-ups. I don't ever want to do another pull-up again.

Ward: You find yourself hanging off the edge of a building 20 stories up, you're gonna want to do at least one. Stand here. Jab cross, like this. 10 minutes.

Skye: You know the hardest part about boxing? Getting punched in the face?

Ward: Keeping your hands up. Why do I even have to do this? I'm sure Fitz-Simmons' supervising officer didn't make them do this muscle stuff.

Ward: You said you wanted to be a field Agent, like Coulson. Well, if you'd like to switch disciplines... Hey, Simmons. What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?

Simmons: Oh, atomistic attribute drills.

Fitz: Yeah, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal... Electrical properties of materials.

Skye interrupted them by saying while I smirked, "Okay, okay. They made your point."

She turned towards me: What did you S.O. gave you... the hardest part?"