Chapter 3

2012, New York

2012, New York

Perseus was sleeping peacefully in his bedroom. He had a apartment in New York. He had taken a few days off from work. His sleep was suddenly broken by loud ringing of his phone. Someone was calling him at this early im the morning.

He thought about ignoring the call but decided otherwise. He reluctantly picked up his phone and pressed answer without looking at the phone.

He replied groggily, "Hello? Who is this?"

Nick Fury's voice answered from the other end asking him rudely, "You're still asleep. It's 9 in the morning!"

Perseus replies, "I'm on a holiday!"

Fury said in annoyance, "Well, Holiday's over! I need you back! I'm sending you a address. Be there in 2 hours. Coulson would be picking you up!"

Perseus asks him, "What crawled up your ass?"

Fury replies somberly, "We have a level 7 situation!"

Perseus sit up immediately all sleep gone from his eyes and voice. He replies, "I'll be there!"

Fury smiles on other side and hangs up.

At Secret Location, 11 am

A blond haired man was waiting in a white shirt, dark blue tuxedo and a tie of same color was waiting. A few seconds later, a quinjet came and landed few meters away from the man and he near bald man walks out of the quinjet in a black tuxedo and says, "Agent Jackson!"

Perseus replies, "Agent Coulson!"

Together they walk back into the quinjet. Perseus sees a blond man sitting there with slight old fashioned clothes with a brown leather jacket. He greeted the man politely by offering his hand and says, "Hello, Mr. Rogers! I'm Agent Jackson!"

Steve slightly smiles and greets politely back saying, "Hello, It's good to see you!"

Perseus takes his hand back and turns towards Coulson asking him, "Wanna tell me, What's going on? Why my Fury up my ass in the morning?"

Steve grimaces and frowns at the choice of words against the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson just hands him the tablet in return. He watches all the footages but his gaze suddenly fixed on the blue cube.

He says without any emotion, "So, Tesseract is in play. Stark sr. should've left this cube at the bottom of the ocean?"

Steve smiles and agrees with him saying, "Yes, he should have."

Perseus hands over the tablet to Steve and says to both men, "I'll gonna go talk to the pilot."

Steve looks at Perseus confused.

Coulson noticed the expression and asks him, "Everything ok, Sir?"

Steve looks at Coulson and replies, "Just wondering about the way Agent Jackson was talking about Director Fury."

Coulson laughs lightly and replies, "They talk about and to each other like that most of the time. Fury is Jackson's adoptive father."

Steve: "Oh! I didn't know!"

Coulson: "Don't worry. Very few know about it. Please keep it that way. He doesn't like to flaunt 'director's son'."

Steve smiles and nods, "Yeah, It makes sense."

They talk to each other for few minutes. As they land at the floating base. They walk together as Natasha walks up to them greeting them and finally turning towards Perseus saying, "Hey, Squirt!"

Coulson snorts covering his mouth with his hand. Steve looked puzzled.

He raises his eyebrows in questioning manner asking, "Seriously?"

Natasha replies pouting, "You're 17. I'm allowed to call you squirt."

Steve raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Perseus says changing subject, "Where's Legolas?"

Coulson snorted again while Steve look more puzzled than ever not understanding the reference.

Natasha pursed her lips and replied, "Loki has him under mind control."

Perseus replies smirking, "Finally we'll have a good reason to hit him in the head."

Natasha smiles and tells him that Fury asked for him. He leaves. The remaining three walked up to a confused Bruce Banner walking around looking everywhere.

They had a fight with Loki and the Chittauri. Perseus fought side by side with the other six avengers. Perseus hid his real identity by adopting a code name 'Neptune' of course with the permission of Poseidon. Finally they won the battle defeating Loki. Thor took Loki and tesseract with him to the Asgard.
The rest of the avengers walked on their own ways. Perseus came back to his apartment exhausted and fell face first into bed and fell asleep.

                         ****************

[A/N: Vote or Comment. Any questions or suggestions are welcome. I'll update this chapter accordingly in future or make a separate book on it.]