Chapter 10 - "F.Z.Z.T. (part II)"

May had brought the rest of the team to the barn

May had brought the rest of the team to the barn. Fitz-Simmons had immediately began to investigate with their dwarf drones. Fitz flew his dwarf up to the corpse's head. As lightning flew from the wound to the dwarf making both the corpse and the drone fall downwards into the coffin while Fitz caught the drone with a "Gotcha!" and Simmons jumped back.

"Hey, um, anyone else noticed all the metal shattered around the body..." Fitz said to the others, "like an electromagnetic field was present? The question is what created it?"

"We need to get this body to the lab as soon as possible." Simmons said kneeling in front of the body, "Something about these wounds..."

"They look inhuman." Percy finished for her making her nod in agreement.

"Skye, what did you find about the firehouse?" Coulson asked her.

"It turns out they sent an engine to New York with a dozen volunteers after the Chitaurnvasion, including Cross and Whalen..." Skye said looking at her laptop, "Maybe it has something to do with why they were targeted?"

"That's where I saw them." Percy muttered to himself and then said out loud, "Or how they were killed?"

"You mean like..." Skye trailed off looking at everyone, "an Alien weapon?"

"We don't know that." Coulson denied through the comms.

"It's highly likely, Coulson." Percy said looking at the others, "What if they found something during their volunteering."

"Let's just make sure we get to those firefighters before anyone else." Coulson said.

"I'll take the rest of the team to the bus." Percy said into the comms to Coulson who was going to the firehouse with May and Ward.

"Copy."

                                 **********

Linebreak

[At the Bus]

Percy and Simmons along with Skye and Fitz were back at the bus. Simmons was examining the corpse wearing her lab equipment. She was looking intently at the entry wound on the forehead when Skye asked, "What are you looking for?"

"A scented candle." Fitz replied from the other end of the lab where he was going through the cabinet.

"Not you." Skye scolded the scientist who turned around disappointed.

"The wound... something doesn't quite make sense." Simmons replied still examining the wound.

"What do you mean, Jemma?" Percy asked her.

"Initially, I thought these were entry wounds, as if from a gunshot." Simmons replied looking at the agent, "But they are... they are exit wounds."