2.

The familiar sound of an alarm clock sounded throughout the flat. It's bells ringing at a shattering pitch causing Lydia to slam her hand down on the device and shut it up with a groan.

Another day. Same old, same old.

Dragging herself to the shower she began to get ready for the day. She always woke up at 6:00. The time that her brother had to get up in prison. That way she felt like they were connected by their routines. It gave her plenty of time to wake up and start the day. Shower, makeup, hair, breakfast, brush your teeth and go. The never changing routine.

Walking to school a bunch of younger children ran eagerly past her slow self. Desperate to get to school and see their friends again.

'Fucking watch yourself!' Lydia snapped at one who shoved her out the way with force.

'Ooh she bites.' Dushane shouted over with a laugh as he watched the scene unfold from a short distance away.

'Hey guys.' Lydia made her way over to where the two of them sat in the same spot as yesterday.

'You okay?' Sully had concern in his eyes as she didn't act her usual upbeat self. He was replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

'When did you last go and see your brother?' Dushane asked.

'I don't know, about two weeks ago.'

Everyone knew Lydia got in this rut sometimes where she didn't feel like doing anything or going anywhere. Sometimes none of her friends would see her for weeks until they made the effort to go and check up on her. Her phone would constantly be switched off as she lay in bed feeling sorry for herself.

The only people granted access to the flat in these times were Dushane, Sully and Dris. And that was because she barely had a choice in the matter. She could either let them in or she replaced the door when they got in.

'Well we can take you if you didn't want to go alone.' Dushane offered. Lydia was more than capable of driving herself but they all knew she probably wouldn't want to go alone this time.

'Yeah sure.'

'Okay you get to school, one of us will be there ready after to take you.' He gave her the directions which she followed, dragging her feet on her way.

Her eyes rolled, possibly all the way down the street, as she felt like a child with three men controlling every aspect of her life. She knew they meant well, but it was guilt that made them do it. Without them, Ryan would still have his freedom.

'I don't think she's coping well.' Dris confessed as she walked away to which they all agreed.

She couldn't get any support from the council, the school or anyone else. If they found out she was living alone she'd be taken in by social services until she turns 18 and that wasn't what she wanted at all. So this secret had to stay between a very select few, meaning her support bubble was small.

18...
Two months away, she thought to herself. A milestone every young girl looks forward to, finally an adult. But what's the point in being an adult if you're still as hopeless as a child?

The day went by pretty quickly for the young girl as she sat through pointless lessons. When do you really use Pythagorus in the real world? She doubted that you ever would. Keeping herself to herself she managed to avoid too many questions from her friends about her swift change in moods.

As promised Dushane was there waiting at the gates with a welcoming smile. His posh BMW parked where it shouldn't actually be but no one would ever question him, unless they were looking for trouble. Everyone knew Dushane Hill in summerhouse.