14.

Jermaine's phone rang loudly from where it was sat on the table.

'What? Is that my brother?' He asked trying to get a better look at the screen but being pulled back by the chains.

Dushane grabbed the phone. 'Now listen, no names, tell him nothing.' His instructions were clear before he handed the phone to his cousin.

Jermaine gladly snatched the phone asking where his brother was in a panic and insisting he had to sell the car him and get the money.

The room listened intently as the brothers spoke on the phone. Sully crouched before the battered and bruised man hoping to hear what Rafe, his brother, had to say.

'What? What's he saying?' Mike questioned causing Sully to angrily grab the phone back. A huge crash could be heard from the outside making everyone jump up and check the front door.

Sully didn't hesitate in pulling his gun out at the outside commotion.

'Sully, what you doing?' Rafe shouted in surprise as he also pointed a gun back at the kidnapper. Him and his accomplice had knocked down the wrong door to Sully's advantage. 'Your family man!'

Before Sully even had the chance to reply Mike had rushed out and fired to erratic shots in the other mens direction. Both men ran back in the house and rapidly untied Jermaine, shoving him out the door with a gun held to his head.

'What the fuck!' Lydia groaned annoyed with the chaos. She began to wish she had just stayed home.

'Mike point the gun at his head and make your way to the car.' Sully gave clear orders to his friend who follow his instructions. Rafe couldn't shoot at them if his brother was in the firing line.

His own hands found their way to Lydia's as he guided her safely out of the door, making sure he was always the shield of protection between her and the opponents gun. Jason ran behind after Mike too quick to ever worry about a bullet.

Rafe shouted threats down the stairs as he attempted to think of a way to release his brother to captivity but it was no good. They had already sped down the stairs and made a getaway in the car. Angry shots were fired behind the moving vehicle causing the back window to smash to smithereens.

'Fucking hell' Sully's arm lowered Lydia's head protecting her from sharp shards. She looked at him with eyes that were full of annoyance, he knew the look all too well.

'Where are we going.' She sighed loudly making it clear how unimpressed she was with the situation. Noticing a few shreds of glass on Sully's shoulder she gently brushed them off with her jumper sleeve.

'Where does your mum live boy?' Mike refused to address the boy by name.

Sully began to resist that idea but it wasn't long until he realised there wasn't any other choice. That was the only place Rafe would have no idea to look for them.

Jason directed the men to his house with no pride at all. He explained his mum was sick so the house wasn't clean but it couldn't be worse than what they'd seen before, not worse than what Lydia had grew up in herself.