9.

Lydia had been avoiding seeing her brother all week, she dreaded telling him the news. He would only think she wasn't being careful enough and come to the conclusion that she wasn't mature or responsible.

'Hey Lyds, I've come up with the perfect plan.' Dushane's voice boomed from the kitchen where he was unloading the groceries.

Reluctantly Lydia skulked into where he was. 'And what's that?'

'You can come and live with me and my mum. She can sign some papers to become your legal guardian.'

Although he meant well there was nothing less that Lydia would want than to live under Dushane's roof with him as an authoritative figure.

'Thanks, but no thanks.'

'Oh. Why not?' He seemed almost offended by the rejection. Lydia couldn't pin point an exact reason as to why. But most girls found themselves staring at Dushane Hill in the streets and swooning. Lydia didn't want to be doing that under his own roof.

'Your options are limited Lyds. And we need to get a plan sorted before Ryan starts kicking off at all of us'. Scratching the back of his head it was noticeable that Hill's mind was working at a million miles an hour. 'What about Dris?'

Thinking over the suggestion for a few minutes the young girl decided it was most likely her best suggestion. There was no chance of her fancying Dris, no offence to him, and he was the most laid back of the three.

'Sure. He's the best of a bad bunch.' She shrugged her shoulders as Dushane left the building with the promise of sorting it all out for her.

It didn't take long for Dushane to sort it like he had said and by the time night had come Lydia was signing her life away. Or to Dris at least.
It felt almost like a betrayal to her own brother, like she was declaring he wasn't fit enough to provide for her. He always had and he always would, with his freedom or not.

In an instant all of her flat was packed up into suitcases and being loaded into the car. It was a bittersweet feeling leaving her home. At least she wouldn't be alone all the time living with someone else. And she always had Dris's daughter to look after.

'You okay?' Sully sensed the sorrow atmosphere, he always knew what the girl was thinking. A nod was his only reply but he was satisfied enough with that.

'SULLY! WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE!' Dushane's voice came well before he was even in sight.

'What?' Innocently Sully asked.

'You know what!' Noticing Lydia's figure next to the man, Hill took his friend off to the side where they began a hushed whisper.

Lydia could tell by both of their expressions it was nothing good. Dushane looked furious as Sully tried to explain himself out of the situation.

Police sirens and ambulances sped past the scene in the dark of the night. The flashing lights illuminating off the shadows. In her gut Lydia could sense something wasn't right. Someone was hurt and she could bet it was with Sully's gun.

Her legs began to move before her head could even process what was happening. Sitting in the drivers seat of Sully's jam packed car she turned the key in the ignition. The roar of the engine alerted the boys and before they could stop her she was well into the distance.

She had no where to drive, but she still drove.