5.

The morning air was crisp and breezy as Lydia strolled through the town to meet Dris. She'd opted for jeans and a jumper leaving the school uniform behind. It was Friday anyway, she wouldn't miss much bunking off for one day.

As Lydia approached the group she noticed Sully and Dushane had already arrived.

'When Kamale shows, that's when we make our move innit?' Sully continued his conversation. 'All right you two, you go down the shrine.' Pointing over to two younger kids Sully gave his orders.

'What?' A boy said. Lydia thought his name was Andre but she couldn't be sure.

'Go to the shrine. Keep a lookout.' Sully instructed once again, this time with a more forceful tone. 'Anyone comes you make sure you call one of us. Fucking hurry up.'

'Find a good spot, bruv.' Dushane added onto the end as Chantelle and Andre huffed and puffed before doing what they were told.

The only problem working with the teenagers was their attitude problems. Hormones flying everywhere.

'Make sure no one can see you lot!' Dris shouted after them before they left out of sight.

Two boys on bikes, probably around the age of 13 rode past.

'Oi! Where you lot going.' Dushane hollered clearly recognising the two of them.

'School.'

'Nah you're not. You got the day off. I want you to do me a favour, go down to London fields for me.'

'What? That's E8, that ain't my bits.' One of them bravely protested.

'Shut up bruv, don't worry about that.' Dushane said taking his wallet out of his pocket and pulling out several notes. 'Just go down there, keep your eye out. If you see Kamale or Ninja then bell me straight away, yeah?'

Handing over the money the boys seemed satisfied with their payment as they rode away.

'Don't leave till you see them.'

They shouted their 'yes's' as they rapidly sped away.

'Right, hello to you all too.' Lydia finally spoke up, annoyed that she'd been ignored this whole time.

'Hey Lyd. You okay? My mum said you didn't stay long.' Dushane stood beside the much smaller girl.

'Yeah I'm fine, just school work yeah?' They all seemed satisfied with her answer so they left for Dris's house to await the phone call of Kamale's wear abouts.

'Is it considered grooming, you know how you pay kids to do your dirty work?' They all outwardly sighed at her comments but they were used to it happening regularly.

At this point in life she'd become compliant with being a wind up merchant.

'You want breakfast Lyd?' Sully asked her avoiding the previous question as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

'Are you making pancakes?' Her eyes dazzled with the question.

'Fuck off, cereal? Toast?' He chuckled at her cheek.

'Mhm. Toast is fine.' Lowering her breakfast standards she shrugged her shoulders.

'I'm telling you now, if man don't deal with Kamale, Raikes is coming after man.' Dushane broached the subject again.

'Mhm hear that still, but yo. There's the other thing - the snake.' Sully responded.

Someone must of told Kamale where the house was the other day for them to rob, meaning there was a snitch around them.