My World

Y/N POV 

I find myself in Oobleck's class listening to him go off about history. I just take a nap since I know everything he is going to say. I open my eyes and grab the paper football that Cardin flicks. I turn it around and flick it at Cardin hitting his eye. I laugh at his misfortune when class is dismissed and we head to our dorms. However Ruby grabs my arm keeping me from moving.

Y/N: "Did you need something?"

Ruby: "Follow me."

She drags me to a workshop like area and I recognize it from chibi. Ruby grabs a pencil and paper then looks at me. 

Y/N: "Ruby, what exactly are you doing?"

Ruby: "Helping you make a weapon. Now what did you have in mind?"

I place my hand on my chin and think for a moment. 

Y/N: "How about a revolver that turns into a sword?"

I see her inner gears turning before she begins sketching out a rough design. She then takes the design to a device and begins making the pieces.

Ruby: "It'll be awhile before the parts are ready, what do you wanna do?"

Y/N: "How about we just hang out in the dorms?"

Ruby: "Sounds great."

We head to her dorm where we sit down and talk.

Yang: "So Y/N, where're you from?"

Y/N: "Oh you know, around."

Blake: "That didn't answer the question."

Ruby: "Yeah, we want to know about your hometown."

Y/N: "It's nothing special."

Yang: "C'mon, tell us about it."

Y/N: "Well, it's definitely not like this place that's for sure."

Weiss: "How so?"

Y/N: "We don't have semblances or auras. We also don't have any Grimm or dust."

Blake: "What about Faunus?"

Y/N: "Nope all humans and regular animals."

Ruby: "That place sounds boring."

Y/N: "It was, that's why I came here the second I could."

Yang: "Do you miss your home?"

Y/N: "Nah, I tended to just keep to myself so I never really had any connection with anyone."

Weiss: "What about your family?"

Y/N: "Honestly? Not the best, moved the moment I became seventeen."

Ruby: "Y/N, where are you from?"

Y/N: "I already told you, I-"

Yang: "We want the real answer."

Blake: "We also want to know how you really survived being impaled by our weapons."

Y/N: *sigh* "I'm not really from Remnant."

They reel back in surprise.

Yang: "Then where are you from?"

Y/N: "It's called Earth. It's similar to here but there is no such thing as semblances, auras, Grimm etc. We are just regular people doing regular things. In all honestly it was boring for the most part but the one thing that kept me going was you girls."

Blake: "What do you mean?"

Y/N: "In my world there is a tv show called RWBY. It follows your adventures in Remnant staring everyone at this school."

Yang: "What happened in the show?"

Y/N: "It just told the story of your time here at Beacon and the crazy antics you four get in. It started with the robbery that Ruby stopped and eventually getting accepted into Beacon and becoming the leader of team RWBY."

Ruby: "Wow."

I get out my phone and pull up the Rooster Teeth streaming app. I then project the first few episodes and I watch as their eyes go wide seeing the show based on them.

Yang: "That's amazing."

Weiss: "I can't believe such a thing existed."

Y/N: "Believe it. That's not all, they make drawings of you, sell clothes inspired by the show and even hold conventions where fans of the show can meet your actresses."

Ruby: "Is this what it's like to be famous?"

Weiss: "To think there were so many people who enjoy me for more than my name."

Blake: "How did you even get from your world to ours?"

Y/N: "I meet your girl's gods and they let me come here."

Everyone: "You met gods?!"

Y/N: "Yeah, it was pretty awesome."

Ruby: "Your world kind of sounds fun, won't you miss it?"

Y/N: "No. Because in my world you girls weren't real, but here you are. So if I get the chance to meet you four in person or stay back on Earth, I'll take that chance hands down."

They smile and I swear I see some pink in their cheeks. I check the time and remember something.

Y/N: "We should go check those weapon parts."

Ruby: "Oh I forgot!"

She jumps to her feet and runs us back to the workshop where we spend the next two hours assembling my weapon. 

Ruby: "All done."

She hands me my weapon and I give it a few good swings. 

Ruby: "How do you like it?"

Y/N: "I love it! Thanks Ruby."