Plans to Start II

A/N: I am so sorry for not updating in over a week! I haven't had access to the family computer (That's what I write this fanfic on). Thank you so much for 300+ reads, I am so happy! It makes me really glad that you guys like my fanfic. Thank you, and enjoy this chapter!

The atmosphere in the meeting room was tense. When the Sins returned without their captain, people started worrying and theorizing about what happened to him and where he was.

"I heard he was killed by the demons."

"That's not what I heard. I heard that he killed himself after what happened."

"Who told you that, supposedly he went back to his homeland and hasn't returned."

"Then where is his homeland?"

"The only people who know are the Sins and they won't say a thing."

The Holy Knights were discussing theories on what happened. While no one will say it, most noticed the looks of worry on the hero's faces.

King Baltra walks into the meeting room, he sits down at the head of the table.

"Now then, would someone like to tell what happened in Vaizel?" King Baltra said.

"Um... well... um..." Diane stuttered.

"Let me explain Your Highness. We were met by the Ten Commandments, the demon monsters who have been terrorizing Britannia, and the leaders stepped up to face one another. Meliodas, our captain, was caught off guard by the leader of the Ten Commandments, and their leader grabbed Meliodas by the neck to stop him from talking. Other Commandments walked up to explain something to us." King stated.

"What was it the Commandment was explaining to you?" King Baltra asked.

"The Commandment explained how he, the leader of the Ten Commandments, and Meliodas are related, he also explained how Meliodas was their former leader and how he betrayed them 3,000 years ago. The Commandment told us that Meliodas and Lady Elizabeth, or rather the goddess Elizabeth whom Lady Elizabeth is the reincarnation of, started the Holy War 3,000 years ago. Meliodas and Lady Elizabeth were cursed by the gods for their crimes." King further explained.

"That's terrible, is there any way we can lift the curses?" King Baltra asked worriedly.

"Yes, though it is not something that benefits us all," Merlin stated.

"Lady Merlin, please tell me, what is the way we can lift the curse?" King Baltra pleaded.

Merlin sighed, "Meliodas has to go back to the Demon realm and return as the prince and heir to the Demon Lord's throne. He also has to go back to being the leader of the Ten Commandments."

The Sins looked down, the room suddenly had a sorrowful tone to it.

"The curse should be lifted soon." King blurted.

"Wait... that means that Meliodas-" King Bartla was cut off.

"During the fight in Vaizel, the Commandments convinced Meliodas to go with them through some sort of messed up, uh, humiliation and exposing technique. The Commandment of Benevolence informed us of Meliodas's past, most likely to get us to 'disown' him in a way. That way Meliodas would have no choice but to go back to the Commandments." King explained.

"So then... does anyone know where Meliodas, and the Commandments, are?" King Baltra asked.

"When the Commandments took Meliodas, they took off in the direction of Edinburgh. They may be there!" Diane exclaimed.

"But if they're all there, wouldn't we be overpowered easily? Plus, we're not even sure if Meliodas will attack us or not." Howzer stated.

"Howzer! Sir Meliodas wouldn't attack us, we're his allies!" Gilthunder exclaimed.

"How can we know if we are still considered his allies?! He went with the Ten Commandments, you know, our enemies! There's a good chance that he now views us as obstacles in his way." Howzer stated.

"If anything, the Commandments are probably controlling him in a similar way that Vivian did to Margret and me! Meliodas isn't doing this out of his own will!" Gilthunder argued.

"He made his choice back in Vaizel! Meliodas has become our enemy!" Howzer countered.

This went on for the next half hour or so, and others joined in.

"Sir Meliodas is being controlled!"

"Oh please! He betrayed us and did it without being under a spell!"

"Sir Meliodas has saved us a countless number of times! Do you think he would just leave like that?!"

"Yes! He betrayed us for the Ten Commandments!"

"Enough!" King Baltra commanded, "For the time being, we have to assume the best. Hopefully, Meliodas is just under one of the Commandment's spells and has not actually betrayed us."

"But your highness-"

"You heard the king, we are to assume Sir Meliodas is under a Commandment's spell." Gilthunder cut off Howzer.

Howzer sighed, "Fine, I'll inform the Holy Knights that Meliodas is being held hostage by our enemies, the Ten Commandments."

"Thank you Howzer," King Baltra stood up, "With that, this meeting is adjourned."

Everyone started getting up and walking out of the room. With the room now split into two factions, the room was filled with malintent.

Diane stopped Howzer. Since she and most of the sins hadn't talked a lot in the meeting, it was unclear where they stood.

"Um, Howzer?" Diane asked.

"Oh hey Diane, what'd you need?" Howzer answered a question with a question.

"If you want to know where the others and I stand, we all agree with you. I'm not sure why King isn't on your side, since he was there as well. We all saw Meliodas go with the Ten Commandments, and there wasn't an abnormal magical presence around the captain when he left... or at all. Captain made his decision to go with his brothers. And I understand why Baltra wants to assume the best, but he knows that the Captain can't be swayed so easily." Diane stated, "Please don't misunderstand though, we want to bring the Captain back to us!"

"Alright, thanks for telling me!" Howzer smiled as he went back to the Holy Knights.

With that, the meeting to discuss the events of Vaizel and what to do moving forward ended with the confirmation that Meliodas was a hostage, the creation of two factions, and no plan to rescue Meliodas. 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for taking so long lmao. How are you guys liking the story so far? Have a good day/night or whenever you're reading this! 

-Author-Chan out