The Night Before

Zeldris, currently going by Verin to secure a base in this new version of Britannia that he was still adjusting to, was standing atop one of the arches in Camelot castle. Orlondi had asked him to meet him there to discuss a development in the investigation into the massacres he had committed.

"I see you got my letter, sir. Do you wanna know what type of magic the human king of this country is plotting on using against us?" Orlondi jeered, angering the prince in front of him.

"Of course I do," Zeldris said as he released his demonic powers, "I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

"No need to get worked up sir. I'll tell you what they're planning. Lady Merlin is going to perform a spell that will release all of the Demon clan and the Goddess clan. But there is a catch to it; The spell will disallow the coffin of eternal darkness to be used ever again. Lady Merlin has agreed to take down the defenses of Camelot as long as we allow the citizens to leave and/or hide. She wants to talk right after this, if that is okay with you sire."

"Of course, all I care about right now is securing Camelot and ending these damned wars." Zeldris sighed. He and Orlondi went to the mage's laboratory.

When they arrived, Zeldris saw a purple-like aura that was holding up ingredients, spell books, and even a cauldron to combine these things.

"Zeldris, Orlondi, I'm glad you could make it. Have you thought about the idea I proposed?" Merlin Turned around to see a nonchalant Zeldris and an overly ecstatic Orlondi.

"I have. I accept your proposal. I will give you a day to evacuate Camelot before I take over the country. I'm sure Meliodas, and I will ensure the safety of your king. Though, I would like to hear more about the spell Orlondi told me your king agreed for you to use." Zeldris said.

Merlin looked over to Orlondi, who was looking questioningly at Zeldris, "When are you planning the invasion, sir?"

"Once Merlin's spell is complete, and Meliodas has given me the go-ahead Orlondi."

"Then I shall get started. It will take a week and you will know once it is done."

"Merlin. I must ask you something, why are you so attached to the human king? I know that he wields Excalibur, but I can not fathom why you are so intrigued by this human. You have lived long enough to know how insignificant the lifespan of him will be, so why get attached?"

The mage looked at him with a look of slight annoyance, "Arthur will grow up to be a great king. I would like to be the foundation for that greatness Zeldris."

"I will be starting the spell now. You should inform Meliodas of what is happening." Merlin stated.

Zeldris and Orlondi headed towards the door, "Good night." The both of them replied.

With that, Zeldris informed Meliodas of the invasion plans and Meliodas started to prepare the Demon army for another Holy War.