THE CALL

(Roll credits)

WEXTON

It was late at night when I snuck out of the house to head to entrance of Zombietown to meet with Wyatt. Zed had been on a hating werewolves spree the whole day since cheer practice so I didn't really feel like letting him know where I was going, same with my dad – he definitely wasn't a werewolf lover either.

The lights that lit up zombie town were always one of my favourite parts of living there, but they became even better when they basked over Wyatt as he stepped out of the shadows near the entrance. The golden light lit up his face perfectly, showing off the purple markings on his face.

"Hey, we should get moving. The anti-monster laws are back in effect and I don't want you to get into trouble" I greeted the wolf, grabbing his hand without even thinking to pull him through the shadows.

"Where are we heading by the way?" I questioned as we walked through the town, trying to keep from anyone seeing us.

"We're going to go pick up Addison, the wolves and I want to show you two something" was his quick reply.

"Oh, cool"

It wasn't long before we arrived at Addison's house. The girl looked nervous as she stared over at all the wolves.

"Come with us" Willa demanded as she stared at the white haired girl.

"What's so important?" Addison questioned.

"You are" Wyatt replied quickly. Addison sent a confused look over to me, I just shrugged in response. I wasn't really sure about what was going on either.

"Where are we going?" Addison spoke up from next to me as we wondered further and further into the forbidden forest.

"It's a wolf secret. If we told you we'd have to kill you" Wynter piped up.

"Wait, seriously? Cause I'm really not looking to die tonight. I'm way too young and I still haven't had a boyfriend" I interjected. There was no way I was going to die just cause I had a crush on an attractive wolf.

"Too much? Sorry! Welcome" Wynter corrected herself after seeing the looks Willa and Wyatt were giving her "but not too welcome" she finished off with a growl before bursting into a small coughing fit. I quickly grabbed onto her to make sure she was stable, my eyes drifting to her moonstone necklace which was now glowing a sickly green like back in the gym.

"Are you okay?" Addison asked the wolf with concern.

"My moonstone is losing its charge" Wynter explained, clutching onto her necklace with worry.

"Every day more and more of our pack become sick because their moonstones lose their power, all of our elders are too sick to travel which leaves – " Wyatt started to explain to the two of us, only to be cut off by Willa.

"Which leaves taking care of the pack to us. To me." I couldn't help but feel terrible for the wolves around me, I wanted to help them.

"You'll be fine Wynter. Maybe I can convince the zombies to help us find a way to save you" I suggested, a grimace of a smile on my face. Willa looked over at me curiously before looking over towards Wyatt.

"You better be right about this" Willa spoke to him "we need to find the moonstone soon" she finished before guiding Wynter into the cave nearby.

"Follow us, please" Wyatt pleaded as he turned to Addison and I, gesturing for us to follow him into the cave.