A NEW LIFE

WEXTON

"Let's do this"

Closing my eyes I lifted my hands to clasp the moonstone around my neck. I felt a surge of energy go through my body, my eyes snapping open to see Zoey's wide ones. Looking down I could see the moonstone around my neck glowed amber. I quickly shot up from my spot on the bed and rushed over to the mirror that stood propped up against my wall.

My reflection looked so different, my eyes glowed a matching amber to the moonstone before they faded back to my natural brown. My hair was no longer its usual plain white, now there was a solid strip of purple that swept through the right side. I turned from side to side admiring the markings that now decorated my arms. Stretching out my arms in front of me I let my gaze wonder to my hands, where now instead of regular nails I had dark purple toned claws. I smiled at my reflection, gasping at the fangs that now grew on either side of my mouth.

I was a wolf. I was really a wolf.

"You're a wolf! I knew it!" Zoey called out, mimicking my thoughts.

"I am! I really am a wolf!" I called back with a grin. My thoughts were racing a mile a minute. I couldn't believe I finally had answers to my strange life.

"Zoey! I have to go tell the wolves" I shot out quickly, crouching down to grab the young girls shoulders.

"I'll leave a note for dad and Zed to find in the morning. You go head to bed and I'll see you tomorrow. Okay?" I explained, Zoey's head bobbing up and down in response.

"Okay. I'll make sure dad and Zed don't go after you and only find the note in the morning" the little zombie said before throwing her arms around me in a hug.

"Great. Now go head to bed" I told her softly, allowing her to head off to her room. I quietly grabbed some of my stuff together before sitting down to write a short note.

Dear dad and Zed,

I put on the moonstone necklace that the wolves gave me. I really am a wolf. I know that now. I've gone to tell the wolves and to join their pack. Don't worry, I'll still go to school and visit you guys all the time (that is if you still want me around).

I'm sorry. I know you didn't want to be a monster but I guess I am. I love you, you'll always be my family.

Wexton (your newly wolf son and brother)

After I'd finished the note I folded it neatly on my bed before grabbing my stuff and heading over to the window. I slid the window open as quietly as I could before climbing out of it and jumping down to the ground. I snuck through Zombietown and the rest of Seabrook before running off into the woods. The wind felt great against my face as I ran, and I felt stronger and faster now. I jumped over rocks and fallen trees with an agility I didn't even realize I had. As I neared the den I let out a mighty howl to let the wolves know I was there. Running into the den I stopped as Willa, Wyatt and Wynter stood and stared at me wide eyed.

"Wexton?" Wyatt gasped "you're a wolf! You're really a wolf!" he cheered, running over and pulling me into a hug.

"I thought you were going to think about it?" Willa questioned softly as she came over.

"I did think about it. Putting on the moonstone felt like the right thing to do" I explained.

"This is so great! A new pack member!" Wynter cheered.

"Welcome to the pack Wexton" Willa spoke before letting out a howl. The entire pack howled in return, welcoming me as one of their own. I was greeted by many different wolves, all of them excited to introduce themselves and welcome me.

"Hey Wex, can I talk to you?" Wyatt asked nervously as he came over to me while one of the were-pups talked excitedly about me joining the pack.

"Uh, yeah. Sure" I muttered back as Willa grabbed the were-pup to take them to bed. Wyatt took my hand and quietly walked me over to a more secluded part of the den.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked the boy next to me as we sat down. I'd never seen Wyatt looked so nervous and it was making me nervous in return.

"Well, um. It's something I've wanted to tell you for a while but I wanted to wait until I was ready and for when I felt like you'd be ready. Now that you're one of us I feel like it's the right time" Wyatt explained, ringing his hands in his lap.

"You can tell me anything, you don't have to be so nervous" I tried to comfort him, grabbing his hands in my own to stop his fidgeting. Wyatt took a deep breath before finally speaking.

"You're my mate" my eyes felt like they grew the size of the moon at his words. His mate? How?

"I've known since I first met you"

"At the school pep rally?" I asked, still trying to process what he was saying. The wolf laughed at my question.

"Actually we met before that" I raised an eyebrow in confusion, I didn't remember meeting any wolves before that.

"I was the powerplant worker in Zombietown" he cleared up my confusion.

"You were the 'howl's it going?' guy!?" I exclaimed. Wyatt laughed at my outburst and confirmed that it was indeed him.

"That's crazy" I huffed out.

"Were you disappointed that I was your mate?" I queried, nervous that he wasn't happy.

"What!? No! Of course not. I think you're beautiful and you're amazing and I am so happy to have a mate as incredible as you" the wolf eased my worries.

"Really? Cause I find it kind of hard to believe a guy as great as you wants to be with me"

"Well then you better start believing it" Wyatt reassure me " are you okay with being my mate?"

"Of course!" I cut in quickly.

"Are you sure? Cause I know you like Bucky and if you don't want to be with me, I get it" Wyatt rambled.

"Hey, no. I want to be with you. Honestly since our conversation after cheer I haven't thought about Bucky once. You're the guy that I want" I told the boy with a smile, squeezing his hands.

"Oh, okay. Good. That's great actually!" Wyatt rambled again. He had a huge goofy smile on his face as he looked at me and I know I had a matching one on my face.

"I'm really liking the full wolf look by the way, it suits you" Wyatt complimented.

"Oh really? What's your favourite part?" I tried to act confident but I was blushing madly.

"Hmm. I'm really digging this purple streak" Wyatt decided, running his claws through the hair in question.

"Really? I thought it was a bit odd. None of you have any purple hair"

"It's unique. Like you" Wyatt assured, leaning over to kiss me lightly on the cheek. I beamed at the sweet gesture, leaning over to return it.

"Thanks"

"No problem, now let's head to bed. We have a big day tomorrow" Wyatt broke us out of our moment knowing we should get some rest. I was excited for tomorrow; this was going to be my first day of truly being myself and I couldn't wait.  

AUTHORS NOTE

Oop! Wexton is officially a werewolf.