WEREWOLVES AT SEABROOK

WEXTON

"Believe me, I will find a way to get us to the Prawn" I could hear Zed trying to convince Addison as Eliza and I walked down the stairs of Seabrook High.

"Or we could miss it together?" Addison suggested as Eliza and I stopped, leaning over the railing to watch the couple.

"I'm not letting you miss the Prawn" Zed argued, a bewildered look on his face like he couldn't fathom the idea of Addison not going to Prawn.

"If you can't go, I'm not going!" Addison argued back, the same appalled look on her face.

"Well, I like you too much not to let you go"

"Well, I like you too much to leave you behind. I am so not going" I rolled my eyes as Eliza ran down the stairs and towards the couple. Addison and my brother were so cute it was gross.

"Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple!" Eliza complained as she walked up to the pair.

"How's it going Eliza?" Addison questioned with a giggle.

"Oh, you know. Fight injustice is keeping me busy" I shook my head with a roll of my eyes, hearing the zombie girls words. Eliza was a true revolutionist.

"And looking good doing it zom-bae" Addison complimented. I let out a huff, deciding the join the conversation.

"Awoo!" I cried out as a leapt over the stair railing, landing on the ground behind Eliza. The trio jumped at the sound of my call, their heads whipping towards me quickly.

"Oh for goodness sakes Wexton, can you stop with the werewolf jokes" Eliza snapped at me.

"Yeah bro, you've been telling werewolf jokes all morning" Zed complained, laughing slightly. Addison looked over at me curiously at the pairs words.

"What? It's funny. Plus that worker dude was making them yesterday already!" I argued playfully.

"Howl's it going, is not that funny" Zed argued back with a roll of his eyes. I'm surprised no one's eyes have fallen out of their heads at this point, it feels like that's all we do.

"It is too, that worker is a comedic genius." I say, smacking Zed on the shoulder as I squeeze between him and Eliza. " What's so bad about making werewolf jokes anyways? I think it lightens the mood"

"It doesn't" the three of them all speak at once, yet all of them have a smile on their face as my jaw drops in offence.

"You're all terrible friends" I spew out, a mocking hand going over my chest. Our laughing is interrupted however as Bucky's voice caries through the hall across from us.

"I'm thinking the president should get his own corner office, let's see if we can move out the math department. Write that down." the captain's voice carries out as he orders around Jacey.

"Addison!" he calls as he catches sight of the white-haired girl. " Time to officially nominate me as president!" he reminds the girl before muttering a few more orders to Jacey. I attempt to wave at the cheer captain but he just keeps walking. Zed smacks my hand down as he sees the dreamy smile on my face. I glance over at him, the smile still on my face. My brother just shakes his head at me, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Yeah, you're right" I mutter "never gonna notice me". I tuned back into real life as Addison complained about the way Bucky ran the cheer squad, she didn't get long to talk however, as two of the three Acey's pitched up. The two girls insulted Addison as the rest of us watched. I had an eyebrow raised in slight confusion of the girls in front of me, I completely understand them following Bucky around all the time, I didn't get why they were always so mean to Addison though. As the girls dragged Addison off, I gave a small wave to Eliza and my brother before heading off to class.