✨40✨

"Get the hell away from him!" Someone yelled as Jeongin felt Chinhae get pushed away from him and the next second when he opened his eyes he saw Chinhae on the ground with a bloody nose and Chan angrily looking down at him.

Chinhae stood up and Chan was about to punch him again but Jeongin grabbed his arm before he could.

"Channie please just don't. You could get in trouble. I'm okay."

Chan nodded, taking Jeongin's hand into his own before glaring at Chinhae who was covering his nose with his shirt sleeve, glaring at Chan.

"If you ever come near him again you're going to have a lot worst than a bloody nose," Chan warned before pulling Jeongin back inside of the coffee shop.

Minho immediately looked concerned once he saw that Jeongin was crying but decided to just stay quiet for now although he felt guilty for letting Jeongin go outside with him in the first place.

Chan made Jeongin sit on a chair as he knelt down in front of him and wiped away his tears then placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Innie baby why would you go outside with him?"

"I'm so sorry Hyung. I let him kiss me. I cheated on you. I'm so so sor-"

"You didn't let him kiss you. He kissed you without consent. There's a big difference. You didn't cheat on me." Chan explained to him.

"But I agreed to talk to him and it's my fault that it happened."

Chan wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling him into a hug "stop blaming yourself. It's his fault, not yours. I'm not mad at you or disappointed."

Jeongin just stayed silent. It was kinda strange to not be blamed for something since Chinhae would immediately always blame anything bad that ever happened on him. "I'm sorry" he mumbled, holding on tighter to Chan.

"Stop apologizing," Chan said, placing another kiss on the top of his head.

Of course, Chan and Minho both had questions about what had just happened outside but both of them could tell that it wasn't the right time to ask.

"I'm sorry that I let you go with him" Minho finally spoke up, not being able to stand the guiltiness he was feeling.

"It's not your fault. I could have told you that I didn't want to. You didn't know" Jeongin responded.

Minho just nodded slightly even though he knew that he should've guessed that something was off from his body language. "By the way, I texted Seungmin too and he said that he can work for the rest of your shift. He will be here in about 5 minutes."

"Thank you, Minho."

"Do you want to come to my house or do you want me to take you back to Seungmin's?" Chan asked, hoping that he would choose his house so that he wouldn't have to worry about Jeongin blaming everything on himself if he were left alone.

"Your house...if you are not busy" Jeongin added.

"I'm not and if I was you would be more important than whatever I had to do"

"Eww Chan. You've gone soft and it's disgu- Jisungie!"

"Hypocrite" Chan mumbled sarcastically before holding his hand out towards Jeongin who quickly took it and stood up.

They both said bye to Jisung, Minho, and Seungmin who got there as they were leaving.

"Why does this stuff always have to happen on days that we are supposed to go on a date? I'm-" Chan cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Say sorry again and I'll kiss you. It's not your fault that your ex is insane"

"I- was that supposed to be a threat?" Jeongin questioned, laughing a little bit. It was strange to him how Chan could cheer him up so quickly when he was crying less than fifteen minutes ago.

"Only if you took it as a threat. Let's watch a movie" he said, trying to change the subject.

"Didn't you wanna know what happened with Chinhae?"

"Yeah, but we don't have to talk about it right now or anytime today at all. We still have a date...unless you want to talk about it right now."

"I'll tell you what happened tomorrow," Jeongin said, wrapping his pinky around Chan's.

"Whenever you want to" Chan corrected before getting up to grab a big blanket before sitting next to Jeongin again.

Jeongin laid his head on Chan's shoulder and Chan lightly rested his head on top of Jeongin's as they watched the movie.

Jeongin was peacefully enjoying the movie but Chan was too distracted with his thoughts.

'is it too soon to ask him?' 'how am I even supposed to ask him?' 'what if I make him uncomfortable?'

"Did you like the movie?" He heard Jeongin ask, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you liked the movie...are you okay? Do you have a fever or something? You keep spacing out" Jeongin said as he moved a bit closer and put his hand on Chan's forehead.

"No, I'm fine sorry I was just lost in thought."

"What are you thinking about?" Jeongin asked, not moving away from Chan at all which was just making him struggle even more as he tried not to look down at his lips.

"You're really pretty" Chan mumbled, causing the younger to blush.

"N-no I'm no- oh wait- sorry" Jeongin quickly added and the next thing he knew Chan's lips were on his for a quick second before he moved away.

"You said sorry again." Chan explained, using that as an excuse.

"Oh."

"What? You don't boyfriend this time. Actually, can we change that real quick?"

"What do you mean?" Jeongin asked.

"May I be your boyfriend?" Chan asked as Jeongin just stared at him for a few seconds before smiling. "You don't have to answer right now if you don't want to. I know it's kind of soo-" Chan got cut off but Jeongin giving him another quick kiss.

"I would love for you to be my boyfriend."

and it only took 40 chapters 🤧💕