Debriefing with the Dursleys

Harry's POV

It was July 1998, and much had happened in the approximately 2 month sense of the Battle of Hogwarts. Ron and Harry had been offered places in the Auror training courses, despite being a year younger than the others. Harry, Ron and Hermionie got an apartment (with financial help from...well, anyone they mentioned it to). Hermionie and Ginny had decided to finish their education at Hogwarts starting september, with Hermionie as head girl. McGonigal was pleased she accepted, for she would need all the help she could get this first year of being headmistress.

The Weasly family, along with the rest of the wizarding world, is still in the stages of grieving, but gradually getting back on their feet. Bill and Flur are still living at their cottage, Charle went back to Romania, Percy is now working for minister Shacklebolt, and George has been going back to the Joke shop recently.

Baby Teddy may have lost Tonks and Remus, but still has a large family to give him all the love and attention he needs. He splits his time between his Grandma Andromeda, Grandma Molly, and uncles Harry and Ron, supervised by Aunts Hermionie and Ginny .

It had been an aunt and uncle day when Heista Jones showed up at the door. She was there to tell Harry that the Dursly's where back at Private Drive, and if he wished to see them, he may. After that, and of course meeting Teddy, she left, leaving Harry with a choice.

The 2 girls started convincing Harry to go, just for a bit. To explain what had happened personally.

So, it was decided that a week later, Harry and Ginny would go to the Dursley house for a minimum of a half an hour to talk and meet. Without destroying the house the Durslys just got back.

So, here he is, standing in front of the house he thought he'd never see again.

With an encouraging smile from Ginny, Harry went up to the door and rang the bell.

A few seconds later, it was opened

"Harry!" Dudley said, "you came by after all! And you brought a friend"

"Uh, ya. This is Ginny Weasly, my girlfriend" he said, introducing his 'plus 1'

"Wonderful! I'm his cousin, Dudley" he said, reaching his hand out for a handshake that Ginny politely took.

"Well, come on in." he continued "mums in the kitchen, stocking up groceries, and dads out talking to people at his work."

As they walked the hallway that led to the door to the kitchen, Harry's eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the cupboard door with the brass lock.

"Oh, ya. Clearing that out and taking off the lock is next on mums list." Dudley said, noticing his cousins attention

"I imagine she wants to get rid of that reminder" he said, half to himself.

"Reminder of what?" Ginny asked, causing the boys to stop.

"Of me. It was my room when i was small enough."

"Your bedroom!" she exclaimed, reaching for and opening the closet door

"Gin.." harry said, trying to get her attention away

"It's horrible in here! And there's just a flimsy mattress and some ratty blankets!"

"Gin, close the door, make room" he said, and she did so.

"Remember, I was much smaller than, it was plenty big for me" he continued. "I cleared some stuff out before I left, and have more in my upstairs room. We can talk about anything you want to later, but now, we need to meet my Aunt, all right?"