Introducing...Weasley!

Ginny's POV

March 2001. Ginny is 19 years old

Ginny was alone in the apartment in London she shared with Ron, Harry, and Hermione, while they each were at their job at the ministry. The boys where both Junior Aurors and Hermione was in the magical creatures department. She was having lunch before getting back to writing. The daily prophet had given her a job, but so far, none of her articles had been published. They gave her the nonsense, unimportant issues that "didn't make the final cut".

She was putting the dishes away when she heard a tapping at the window. She looked and saw an owl with a letter. She let the owl in, gave it a treat from the dish by the windows, and it flew off.

The envelope was surprisingly addressed to her, Genervia Weasley. Curious, she opened it.

Dear Miss. Weasley

It is our pleasure to invite you to the Holyhead Harpies Chaser position tryouts. You have been chosen because of your outstanding performances as a member and captain of the Hogwarts Gryffindor team. If you accept, please report to the Holyhead Field on march 23rd, at 10AM. Lodging and food will be provided for 3 days, along with any equipment an athlete may need. Tryouts are closed to the public, but you may bring 1 guest.

Hope to see you then

Gewn Jones, captain and beater 

Ginny read it over at least 5 more times.

This was Amazing! It was Perfect! She had always wanted to play pro, but once she saw you had to be invited to tryouts, she decided to go for something more practical, writing and journalism.

She went through her mental calendar, and decided that she was free that week. And who could she bring? Well, she should wait to see who is supportive and excited. Harry definitely would be thrilled for her. Maybe him? The presence of the boy-who-lived would maybe even distract other athletes, she thought jokingly.

She tried to continue the article she was going to write, but didn't get far until she gave up. She cleaned, watched the channel she liked on the muggle tv, had a snack, eating again, until, finally, she heard the door open.

"Ginny, love? Are you still writing?"

Harry! Of course she should tell him first! She ran to the front door to meet him.

Time skip to May

Ginny Weasley stood in front of the mirror in the locker room of the Holyhead Harpies, making the final adjustments to her uniform. She had put on this uniform a few times before, when she first got it, but this was the first time she was putting it on for a game.

Today, GInny would be taking her spot as chaser for the professional Quidditch team. At 20 years old, she was  young, but she knew she had earned it.

Feeling quite nervous, she made her way out to where the rest of her team was, by the entrance to the field, waiting for the commentator to announce the beginning of the game.

"There you are Ginny! You ready?" the team captain,Gwen called

"I sure hope so" she replies

"Oh, nonsense, you'll do great. You've been wonderful in practices"

Moments after Gwen's words of reassurance, the group of women heard the commentator's magically amplified voice.

Eventually, he called out "And now, the Holyhead Harpies!"

The women mounted their brooms and took to the air, starting their lap around the field. The commentator was now listing their names

"We have Morgan, Griffwiths, Sharp, Jones, Archer, King, and introducing...Weasley!"

The teams finished the introductions, and landed in the center of the field.

The captains, Gwen and the captain of the Wimbourne Wasps, were shaking hands, and before she knew it, Ginny was up again, staying close to her teammate, Beth King, who had the Quaffle. She dodged a bludger, cut off an opposing chaser, and caught and passed the red ball, until finally, Beth King scored a goal.

Eventually, Ginny had possession, and was flying down the field. Until the opposing chaser chaser came from nowhere, catching her off balance and knocking the quaffle out of her arms. He then continued in the opposite direction, and GInny could only hope her team's keeper was up to the task.

The game went on, and Ginny finally got another chance to make a goal.

She was again, flying towards the Wasps' keeper. When she saw the same man, the Wasp's chaser, coming at her again, though, she was able to barrel rolled out of the way. After one more dodge of a bludger, she lined up her shot. She threw the ball hard.

And it went in!

The keeper missed the save, and Ginny Weasley had just made her first goal in a professional Quidditch game.

The score was now 60 to 80, Wasps in the lead.

Suddenly, Ginny saw movement above her. The harpies seeker, Alex Morgan, has seen the snitch! Ginny kept focus on the quaffle, but watched the seeker, who was now being followed by her opponent, out of the corner of her eye.

And the stadium erupted in noise, Harpies fans shouting and cheering for their seeker, who had just caught the snitch.

The commentator announced the harpies as the winners as the 2 teams made their way towards the surface.

After a group hug, Gwen led her team back into the locker rooms.