A Crowded Christmas

December, 2003

Kids ages :

Teddy: 5

Victore (Bill and Fluer) : 3

Molly (Percy and Audrey): 2

Fred (George and Angi) : 21months

Ginny's POV

It was Christmas day, and the whole Weasly clan was packed into the Burrow. Ginny and Harry were the first ones to arrive, soon followed by Ron and Hermionie. This may have to do with the fact that most of the other Weaslys were having christmas with their own families, opening presents from father christmas with their young children. By december, 2002, the Weasly family had added 3 more blood relatives: Victore, Molly, and Fred, along with adding their mothers as in-laws. Counting Teddy, who was spending Christmas morning with his grandmother, that made a total of 4 kids under 6 years old. In a few hours, the house would be fuller than it has ever been.

And next year, it would be even fuller

3 months ago, Ginny's pregnancy test came up positive. She quickly followed up with a private appointment at the maternity ward of St. Mungos, and they confirmed it. A month later, she told her Husband, Harry, and he was overjoyed, though a little nervous.

Now that she is 3 months in and everything is going well, she thought it would be a great christmas present to the family to make the announcement. And she was full of conflicting emotions. Or maybe it was the hormones.

Ginny turned to her husband when they caught a second alone.

"Is it weird that i'm nervous about the announcement? Of course everyone will be delighted, and supportive, but, still..." she said

"It's alright to be nervous, but you're right that they will be excited. And we'll do it together, and we'll both be fine, right?" Harry told her

"Of course. And we still have some time. Bill's lot isn't even here yet"

Bill, Fluer, and their 3 year old Vic were the last to arrive.

As the last touches were being put on the table, Ron and Hermionie came up to the couple, not for the first time.

"Alright, you two are acting weird. What's the secret?" Ron blurted out

"Ron, don't be so blunt!" Hermionie told her husband, then continued. "But I do think you are hiding something, I always can tell with the both of you. What is it?"

After looking around the corner to see everyone out of ear shot, Ginny and Harry gave each other an understanding look. They could tell their closest friends first.

Ginny, in a quiet voice, answered her friend

"Well, we have news, and we are going to make an announcement at lunch. But..."

"You'll tell us first!" Ron interrupted

"If you let me, Ron then yes. I'm pregnant!"

They both yelled out in chear

"Hush! No one else knows yet!" Harry told the other couple. "Now, can you keep this for another hour or less? Till pudding comes out?" he asked

"Of course, right, Ron?" hermionie said, giving her husband a harsh look

"Oh, alright. But right then, when pudding comes out."

The 4 made their way to the enlarged Weasly Burrow dining table, where a christmas feast awaited them.

The whole family was gathered: 4 children, 11 young adults, and 3 grandparents.

The adults ate, the babies sat on their mothers laps, and little Teddy and Vic where talking non stop about the friends they made and things they are learning, and of course, what Father Christmas brought to then at their homes. 

Before Ginny knew it, her mother was calling for plates to be cleared, and the pies and cookies to be brought out. She began preparing to make her announcement, for she had promised Ron she would as soon as pudding started. Soon, the family sat down again, and the pies and cookies were being passed around.

She would have to act soon before...

"So, GIn, any exciting news lately? Seems you got something to share."

And too late. Ron has put the spotlight on her immediately.

With a sigh, Ginny obliged him

"Yes, Ron, I do." she said, then continued in a louder voice for the few at the very other end of the table. "Harry and I do have an announcement"

She stood, and Harry tentatively followed, taking hold of her hand. Suddenly wary of all her family's eyes on her, she hesitated.

"Well, dear, what is it? Are you two alright?" Ginny's mother asked

"Oh, yes, we're fine, but..." she started, but faltered again

Luckily, Harry, as brave as ever, took over

"I am proud to announce that the Potter name will be preserved for another generation."

Arthur's eyes blinked in realization "you mean..."

Ginny answered "Yes, I'm pregnant!"

The rest of christmas day was filled with joy and celebration of the news of a new baby to come in late spring. The littlest ones were too young to understand, but Teddy had a lot of questions for his godfather.

"Teddy, this doesn't mean that Ginny and I will have any less love for you. We have plenty of love for you and the new baby. And you even will have a brother or sister to play with, yes?"

By the time Teddy and Andromeda left, arms filled with presents from everyone in the family, Ginny and Harry felt their godson, along with the rest of the family, had a good understanding of what was to come.