Best of Friends

Ron's POV

Ron and Hermionie cautiously made their way into the Weasley burrow on the first Sunday of october, 2005. They had no clue what they would walk into.

The whole family was getting together for the first "public appearance" of yet another baby. This time was Louis Weasly, the first son of Bill and Fleur. He just turned 2 months old, and was deemed fit to be exposed to the massive Weasley clan.

As of now, there were a total of 8 children.

There was Teddy,7, and James,16 months

Bill and fleur's girls: Vic,5, and Dominique,20 months, and their new baby brother, Louis

Percy and Audry's girls:  Molly,4, and Lucy,12 months

George and Angalena had:  Fred,3

Ron and Hermionie went into the house and met with both Percy and Bill's families.

Over the next few hours, the other Weasleys came, with children and spouses in tow. Ginny and Harry even braved bringing teddy, saying the boy wanted to meet his new cousin.

After Louis and the other non-walkers were done being passed around to each family member in turn, including the older kids, Grandma Molly called that dinner was ready to eat. Luckily, it was relatively warm out, and with a sweatshirt or 2, eating outside was an option. The adults set up highchairs and seating arrangements, and got all the kids settled.

There was a toast to Bill and Fluer and their first son, and everyone dug in.

Ron tried to ask his sister about her expectations for her next Quidditch season.

"So, Gin, how are you feeling about this next harpies season? When do you all start training?"

She shared a look with Harry on her other side that Ron didn't quite understand.

"Well, we think we'll have try-outs in early march, so they should be ready to start by april" she said

"Try-outs? Someone quitting? Retiring?" he asked

Again, she turned to Harry.

"Harry, should we say now?" she asked

Say what?, ron wanted to ask, but was cut off by Harry

"Oh, sure, can you?" Harry said, motioning to the 16 month old James on his lap.

Ginny stood up, and tapped on her glass, signaling an announcement.

"Well, Ron just asked me an interesting question about the Harpies, and I thought now would be a good time to announce that we will need a new chaser. I'm going on maternity leave again!"

Oh, so thats why.....

Everyone, including Ron and Hermionie, gave the couple their congratulations. After theirs, Hermionie motioned Ron to join her in private. He knew what this was about.

They were in the empty kitchen when they started to talk

"Should we tell too?" Ron asked

"No, not on the same day. Has anyone ever done that with all of these kids? Besides, it's so early..."

Their problem was this. Hermionie was pregnant too. She was 2 months in.

Just as they were about to continue, they noticed another couple enter the door. Harry and Ginny.

"Hay, mate, whats up?" Harry asked, walking up to Ron

"Can we tell them?" Ron asked his wife.

"I guess" she answered

"Tell us what?" Ginny started. Then she seemed to answer her own question, and continued

" wait, are you pregnant too?!" she asked Hermionie

"Yes!"

Both women squealed and hugged.

"Really!" Harry said "these kids are going to be..what..2 months apart? At most?"

"I guess. We'd be due in may about" Ron answered

The girls turned back to their husbands

"Mines in March!" Ginny said

"Well, you're the first to know, so dont go telling. It's still so early, they say to wait for 3 or 4 months." Hermionie said

"Of course we won't tell" Ginny said "but this is wonderful! These two will be the best of Friends!"