Late Night Talks - Scorbus Part 2

From last chapter, POV Albus 

"Who do you fancy, anyway? If you don't mind me asking."

Of course that would be the next question

"don't make me tell you that, Scorp." Albus said, deciding the blunt approach "This has been enough for one day." Al said turning away

POV scorp

When Albus looked at him pleadingly after those last words, Scorpus had a thought. A crazy thought.

What if he fancies me? That would definitely make him not want to tell.

Statistically, there was a very low possibility that that was true. There were plenty of other boys in the school, and even more men and boys in the world. But Scorpus was his closest friend. Plenty of close friends have gone that step farther into dating and a romantic relationship.

And the thought made him much happier and hopeful than it should've.

Instead of worrying about what their friendship would be like with Albus harboring an unrequited crush for him, he thought about what it would be to go on a nice date with Al, holding hands, sharing drinks, close whispers, their heads close, connecting in a kiss.

Scorpus would think about these...revelations... for the rest of the day...the week.

He couldn't stop thinking about what his...romantic preferences..may be. Of course he thought of Rose. Was he truly attracted to her? He thought so, and he believed he was attracted to women in general.

But what about these new ideas of being with Albus? He thought of Al and other men he thought of as good looking throughout his life, and decided...ya, i might be interested in them, too. Especially Albus. So, ya, I guess I like guys and girls. So I would be..Bi? Bisexual? After a week of thinking, he figured he was.

6 nights later, he went to bed thinking of how last years...adventures...may have affected and grew their feelings for eachother. He thought of how the thought of having Albus back kept him safe from the dementors and how far Albus was willing to go to keep him safe, and how Delphi's wand pointed at him scared and weakened Albus more than the wand pointed at himself.

It must have been these thoughts that brought on the nightmare that night.

Of course, both Albus and Scorpus have had the occasional recurring nightmares after the events of last September and October, but both boys have assured each other that they are distant memories now. Since they left school for the summer, Scorpus has had a few, maybe about once a week, but hasn't told Albus.

He was awoken from the images of the dystopian 'voldemort world' and the feeling of hopelessness and despair by Albus' voice, and bolted up, panting heavy breaths, hearing Albus' calming words and voice, sitting right next to him. The boys have this routine down from last year. They have the beds next to each other, and keeped the sides of the soundproof charmed curtains facing each other open so they can hear and see each other.

"You're alright, you're ok. Deep breaths."

A few breaths later

"Alright? Can you talk?"

"Ya. im alright"

"Good. Was that another nightmare? I thought those went away during the summer."

"I've had.. A couple...since then." Scorpus replies, finally being honest.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Albus asked

"I didn't want you to worry"

"Ya. same here."

"You still have some too?" Scorpus asked

"Yes, but...i dragged you into it, i should be dealing with this, not you"

"You didn't drag me, i happily followed, and..none of it was your fault"

"But it was. I started the whole thing, and allowed Delphi to get close to us and hurt you. Honestly, I'm so relieved that you are still even friends with me, after all of that."

Scorpus had to interrupt Albus' downward spiral

"Al, of course I'm still your friend, and you should put all the blame you put into yourself into Delphi. She manipulated both of us, and we know it, our familys know it. It doesn't matter what our classmates or any strangers think."

After a pause,  Albus responded

"You always say the sweetest things, scorp, it makes things so hard...not to tell you that..."

"Tell me what?" scorpus asked, hoping that it was what he was thinking. What he has been wanting to know for a week now...

"That..well you know im..gay...but...i like you...in that way. Really fancy you. I hope this doesn't make things weird.."

As Albus went to look away, scorpus took his hands and looked him in the eye

"Of course it doesn't..in fact...this is just what i've been waiting to hear."

"What?"

"Right when you told me you where gay, i had this...hopefull feeling. That you fancied me. Ive been thinking for a week, and...i resized that i like you that way too. That I really like you"

And before they knew it, their heads were so close to each other, close enough to kiss

And then they did. Scorpus closed the small gap between them, and Albus responded

They pulled apart soon, and Scorpus saw the unreadable expression on Albus' face

"I'm sorry..was that ok?"

Albus blinked, snapping out of his daze

"Um, ya..it was...great, but...what about Rose? I thought you liked her?"

"I think I did, but I don't anymore...I mean not in that way. We're just friends now. But I know I've been thinking of you in that way all week. I guess that means i'm bi, or bisexual, if i understand that term right." scorpus explained

Albus followed with his explanation

"And I've been thinking of you in this way for...at least a year. Then i started thinking of others, man and women and realized i might be gay, that I'm attracted to men, especially you. I just never expected you would like me back"

"Of course Al, youre amazing. You're funny, kind, always there for me, and now I'm realizing you look amazing and attractive. I'm surprised you like me too. I thought my suspicion was based on hope.

"Scorpus, you're all those things too. So kind and smart and supportive, and gorgeous, I'd say. I guess that we both need to work on our self-esteem" Albus said with a chuckle

"Well, that's something we can easily help each other with. I suggest more kisses" Scorpus said jokingly, leaning in for another kiss.

This time, Albus leaned forward first.

And soon after, the 2 boys fell asleep in the same bed, holding each other close.