9 | break-ups and break-outs

O P H E L I A  L O V E G O O D

"Your bed is so much more comfortable than mine is," Ophelia informed Remus as she opened her Transfiguration textbook and unrolled her parchment paper.

"I had to get it replaced," he explained simply and she looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, "It's a long story."

She shook her head, "Yeah, I don't think I want to hear it."

The door to the room opened and Ophelia looked up to find Sirius standing there. He looked between Ophelia and Remus and frowned. He said nothing as he made his way to his own bed.

Ophelia turned to look at Remus and opened her mouth to say something but he merely shook his head.

The door to the room opened again and Ophelia glanced over to see that it was only James who had entered. She did a double take as she looked back to find all that he had on was a towel around his waist. Her eyes widened slightly and she registered that she had been staring when she saw the smirk on the boy's face.

She looked away quickly, turning the page in her textbook and focusing on her homework. "Would you get dressed?" Remus finally requested and Ophelia couldn't help but be grateful. It was distracting.

"Want me to drop the towel?" James mused and Ophelia pressed her face into her hands, fighting down any reaction.

"Yes, you stag," Sirius piped up from his bed.

"Go get changed," Remus ordered and James rolled his eyes. He glanced at the girl for a brief moment, a faint smile on his lips before he walked away.

"Your hair is awfully pink," Sirius observed from where he laid. Ophelia looked up and glared at the boy, her face no doubt matching her hair in color.

"Shut up," she muttered and he grinned in response. She grabbed a pillow from Remus's bed and chucked it at the boy, nailing him in the head.

"Hey!" Sirius exclaimed as he grabbed the pillow and tossed it back. She dodged it and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Would the both of you knock it off?" Remus requested with a huff.

Ophelia turned back over on her stomach as she continued her homework when the door opened again. She looked back and ignored the fact that he was somehow more attractive when his hair was wet and she turned back to focus on her work.

"I had an idea," James announced as he returned to the room. "We should go to Hogsmeade."

Ophelia looked back to find that he was now fully clothed, "It's not a Hogsmeade weekend."

"No, duh," Sirius spoke up from where he was. "That doesn't stop us from going."

"With everyone leaving for the holidays today it's really the perfect time to sneak out," James explained and Ophelia's eyes widened slightly.

"Sneak out?" she asked. "You want to leave without permission."

"You've included the wrong person in this, Prongs," Sirius announced. "Loony Lovegood is too much of a goodie two shoes to sneak out of the school."

Ophelia frowned at the nickname. She knew she wasn't friends with Sirius. In fact, the boy seemed to not like her at all but she didn't think he was one of the ones who called her that.

"Keep it up, Padfoot," James suggested. "Please."

"It's fine," Ophelia sat up on the bed. "I actually have to go. I told Reggie that I'd help him study." She got up off the bed and gathered her things. "I'll see you guys later."