21 | bonding and late night drinking

O P H E L I A L O V E G O O D

"I swear to Merlin, Black, I'm going to kill you!" Ophelia shouted in anger. The boy had been getting on her nerves the whole day and it was only a matter of time before she snapped. "Do it again, please. Give me a reason to hex you!"

"Lighten up, Loony," he suggested as he laid on Remus's bed without a care in the world. It was the second day at the camp and the next day they were set to leave. Ophelia felt as though tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.

"Sirius," James warned. "Go chase your tail or something. Leave Ophelia alone."

He scoffed, "Some best friend you are."

Ophelia stuck her tongue out at Sirius and he flashed her a not so nice finger. She scowled at him and James placed his hands on the girl's shoulders before guiding her from the tent and outside.

"He's just so-"

"I know," he interrupted, looking down at her with a grin on his face.

She crossed her arms over her chest, "It's not funny."

He tilted his head, "It's a little funny."

Ophelia looked around in confusion, "Where is everyone?"

James shrugged, "Probably asleep."

"It's like twelve in the afternoon," she reminded him and he looked around in confusion. "You don't think they left without us, do you?"

"No," he shook his head. "See, look?" he pointed ahead where people were leaving their tents. "They just decided to sleep in."

"Right," Ophelia nodded, relaxing significantly. She had been on edge ever since the incident in Hogsmeade and she had started to think it was always the worst possible scenario that was the right one.

James wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulders, pulling her toward him, "Everything is okay." She nodded, resting her head on his shoulder. He placed a kiss on her head and she smiled in content. "Let's get you some food before you actually do kill Sirius."

She scowled, "I doubt food will fix that urge."

J A M E S P O T T E R

They spent the majority of the day in their tent, occasionally leaving to get food or other things. There wasn't much for them to do with the border and they weren't exactly going to risk leaving again.

"I'm glad you talked me into this," Ophelia informed the boy with a pointed look. "If we were at Hogwarts, we would just be lying around..."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, "What do you suggest we do?"

"I can think of a few things."

Before he could reply, however, someone had launched themselves onto their bed and wiggled themselves between them. "Really, Pads?" James groaned as he moved out from under the boy.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asked innocently and Ophelia whacked him on the arm. She hopped off the bed and James followed a moment later. "Oh, come on," Sirius said as joined the two in the other room.

"Leave us alone," Ophelia requested. "Everything was fine until you showed up."

"Hmm," he replied. "Well, James missed me. Right, Prongsie?"

James put his hands up in faux surrender, "I'm staying out of this."

"Look what I have," Sirius announced as he picked up two bottles of firewhiskey of the table.

"Where did you get those?" Ophelia asked.

"The store," he replied in a 'duh' tone.

Ophelia rolled her eyes before sticking her hand out. James fell back onto the couch as Ophelia took the bottle from Sirius.