𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝-𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Six months later...

It's been half a year since you've left Eren and the others and joined the Survey Corps; half a year since you've seen your friends. Almost every week you wrote to them, explaining your daily rituals and putting the expeditions you went on into full detail, and just keeping them up to date on things.

You also began to write to Leria and Roger more often. After sending the letter about being transferred early to the Scouting Regiment, Roger wrote back saying how Leria almost had a heart attack: she was short of breath and dizzy and everything! You made sure to reassure them though in your next letter by making Levi sign that he'd protect you and train you so you wouldn't get killed. Who knew he'd be such a softie.

And speaking of Levi, he was like an older brother to you, making sure all the men didn't try anything on you in the barracks, teaching you wise lessons in life, and being a complete pain in the ass. It only took a month for him to allow you to call him Levi after complaining that saying "Captain Levi" was just too big of a mouthful. He still called you brat during that though- which didn't really bother you; you started to view it as a term of affection. But then he started to call you kid or by your actual name.

You were taught by him every day, from sunrise to sunset, on basically everything: how to become faster, stronger, and better.

Today you'll be going on the fourth expedition that will carry you beyond the walls. No one was too worried about you this time; you've shown from time and time again that you could handle yourself out there. You never went too far astray from Levi, and with him always by your side, you were safe. You weren't just a nuisance to him anymore- you were family. Every expedition has gone smoothly so far, until now.

You dug your heels into your horse's ribs, willing it to go faster and faster and faster-

"Oi! Kid don't go so fucking fast, you dipshit!"

"Hush it, Levi! You're just mad you can't keep up!" You and Hanji snicker at Levi's pissed off expression. Oh right, Hanji was joining you on this expedition with her own squad; you all were to capture another titan to get more testing done.

"You lose reading privileges for that brat." You hear Hanji let out a cry at Levi's demand, and you yourself had a frown on your face.

"But-"

"No."

"Wait, no! I'm sorry-"

"No. End of discussion." You let out a hmph at this, and would've crossed your arms across your chest but if you did that you'd fall off your horse.

You and Hanji continued to joke around until you started to get closer to your target area in the expedition. Word from scouts ahead said there'd be a small swarm of five to ten-meter titan around a small forest of trees- easy to maneuver ODM gear in.

Getting closer to the big grouping of trees, you got flashbacks of the Cadet Corps once you launched into the forest.

"The scout said there'd be up to six titans at the target point. If you kill at least three you can read one hour past bedtime," Levi said with an expressionless face. That immediately filled you up with adrenaline as you swung in the trees.

"Yes sir, short stack." You say while saluting him in midair right before launching your grappling hooks into a thick tree. You see Levi roll his eyes at the nickname before you fully rotate around.