𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 😁😁

Hanji opened her right eye, her other one too torn and left in a bleeding mess to even attempt to open. Her body tenses when she realized that she was at the bottom of a well. She sits there for a moment, trying to process what just happened, but she quickly moves into action when she remembers Moblit and Y/n pushing her into the well.

She remembered both of their faces: Moblit's anxious and hurried one, and Y/n's determined and relieved one once she knew Hanji was safe and secured inside of the well's stone walls.

What Hanji wasn't able to see though was Y/n and Moblit's fleeting shared look right before, both of them silently agreeing in less than a second that they needed to save Hanji. She saw them save her with wide-open eyes, but she didn't see what happened after.

She didn't see Moblit try his best to cover Y/n's body with his own, knowing Hanji would be devastated by the loss of her new daughter, but his efforts were futile when the girl was hit by a boulder. She didn't see when Y/n's body was flung in the air again, her body slamming multiple times into the ground, hitting different walls and flying debris in the process. She didn't see when Y/n's spinal cord was injured beyond repair, not letting the girl feel anything from the neck down.

She only saw her two loved ones sacrifice themselves to save her.

"No, no, no..." Hanji trails off, her movements hurried as she scurries up the well, thinking only about how her most trusted comrade and daughter sacrificed their lives for her. A sob escapes her lips at the thought of either of them being dead, but hope still thrummed in her veins, holding onto the thought that maybe, just maybe, at least one of them was still alive somewhere in the wreckage before her.

The woman swings her body over the rim of the well, her feet hitting the ground, making ash float in the air from the contact where it lay. The scene before her made her breath hitch in her throat: houses were beaten to the ground, only a few beams and halves of walls stood in place, barely intact. Smoke wafted in the air and fires were starting to spread.

"Y/n! Moblit!"

No answer.

"Y/N! Moblit!"

No answer.

Hanji didn't give up though; she continued to trek on, but she stopped in her steps when she found Moblit's body, or what was left of it. His body was torn in shreds, an arm laying feet away, and his legs barely staying connected to his body. His clothes, hair, and skin were almost completely burnt off his body.

Hanji kneels with a tear trickling down her face, placing a hand on the ground next to Moblit. She silently prays for him. She says goodbye to him.

Then she goes on with looking for her daughter- for the girl she cared for like she was her own blood. Adoption papers are damned- Y/n was her daughter.

Ever since she first saw the girl, so young and full of spirit at her office door, she knew she would have a great bond with the girl, and she was so blessed enough to call the girl her daughter in the end. She loved the girl like no one else, she loved her like a mother loved their daughter.

"Y/n!" Hanji's voice rang out in the empty city, her voice echoing in the wasteland.

"Hanji..." Hanji's head whipped to a pile of debris next to a house that was burnt down to the crisp. "Hanji..."

Breaking out of her stupor of wondering if she was hallucinating or not, Hanji raced to where her daughter lay under the pile of rubble. Her knees slam on the ground and she heaves boulders and broken pieces of wood off of the girl.