𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The stitches the medic sewed into me were hurting like a bitch right now but I was still grateful that the bullet only grazed my side, not hitting anything important. With every step I took my side would pinch in pain, but I was starting to get used to it thankfully. After the woman gave me a painkiller along with a loaf of bread and some water I was filled with energy again; adrenaline also played a huge part in me not passing straight out. A little blood loss never hurt anybody.

As I sauntered over towards Eren and Commander Pyxis, the eyes from all the different soldiers atop the wall followed me, probably because I looked like literal death. There weren't any spare shirts available so I would have to stick with wearing my half crimson drenched uniform shirt and my ripped Scout Regiment cape; Levi would most likely piss himself if he saw the beyond dirty attire I was in.

Speaking of that tiny demon, he and the others should've been here by now, but then again not that much time has really passed. I really could've used their moral support at the very least though, I was so used to fighting literally right beside Levi that it felt so strange to be without him and Hanji.

Once a few feet away from the commander I give him my sharpest salute, not letting any of the pain I was showing through my smiling mask. I did have a reputation to hold after all.

"Y/n L/n, commander!" I say introducing myself. I could already tell I liked this guy: he had warm eyes that danced in amusement down at me and he just looked like a chill grandpa with his grey mustache and bald head.

"I would like to assist Eren's group with the operation to plug in the hole to Wall Rose, sir!" I don't miss Eren's alarmed expression from out of the corner of my eye but I just ignored him right now.

The commander gripped my shoulder and spoke back to me, his voice gruff and leveled. "Of course, Soldier Y/n. We'll need your skill out there no doubt." I smile back at him, grateful I could stay close to Eren and to be able to fight. It would take more than a gunshot to my side to keep me down from killing titans and protecting him.

Before I turn around on my heels I send a tiny wink Eren's way with a smirk, making him blush. I went to walk over towards where Mikasa and Armin were waiting but I caught sight of a familiar face. Hannes stared back at me with the same astonished look I was giving him. He looked the same: same blonde hair and fair skin- only this time a blush wasn't warming his cheeks, but there might be soon given the suspicious-looking bottle in his hand.

He walked over towards me and grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into a short embrace. "Ah, girlie! Y-You're alive!" I chuckle and step out of his embrace.

"That I am, old man," I say with a grin, but it flattens into a line when I speak to him again. "Thank you for saving Eren and Mikasa that day Hannes." He seems startled at my sudden seriousness and gratitude. A guilty look flicks over his face for a millisecond.

He shrugs the thank you off. He goes to say something else but someone calls my name over. Hannes's eyes widen.

"You're fighting with them?" He says nodding towards the Garrison elite soldiers that had just called me over. I nod like it was obvious and gesture towards the Scouts cape hanging off my back.

"I'm a Scout now, Hannes." He gets over his shock quickly when I wave a hand in front of his face.

"O-Oh. Great job Y/n," he says while patting me on the shoulder. Suddenly I feel a bump on my shoulder and look to see Eren beside me.

"Eren! Glad of you to join us!" Hannes says with a grin. He holds up the bottle he was holding to us. "Here, put some hair in yer chest!" Eren doesn't hesitate to take the beverage from Hannes's hand, but I don't think he realized it was alcohol. He immediately spits it out of his mouth at the taste. Hannes and I laugh with each other at the boys' reaction.