𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

I awoke to my hands and ankles bound and tied behind my back and to the legs of the wooden chair I was seated on. My eyes blinked open to see myself in an abandoned warehouse with only myself and four Military Police soldiers in it. The warehouse wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. Only a few candles and lanterns places around where I was seated were the only light source in the room, everything else covered in large shadows.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I asked the MP soldiers bluntly, turning my attention to them and getting straight to the point. Their eyes widened at my bored tone as I relaxed in the chair.

After stammering for a bit one of the soldiers stalked up close to me, only standing a few feet away now, the others following him close behind. He had a clean-shaven face with graying hair atop his head.

"We're here to know what you've said about the walls." My mind goes back to how Leria and Roger were killed for that; to make sure whatever they knew about the walls stayed a secret.

The man keeps speaking. "And I would guess you received word about the murders, oh, I mean 'break-ins', already, so I want you to tell me who you told about the walls and what you're said. We need to make sure word of the wall's secrets doesn't get out to the public. So, let me ask you again, just to be clear, who did you tell the secrets of the walls to?"

"Well... this is awkward. I don't know anything about the walls, never had," I say while making eye contact with the man.

"Lying's not gonna get you out of this, little girl," an MP soldier said from behind the gray-haired man.

"I'm not lying," I spit out, annoyed at the man's pet name for me. "I don't know anything about the walls," I say to the grey-haired man, assuming he was in charge of the others.

"She's definitely lying, Karl," one of the soldiers said to the man in front of me, who I guess was "Karl".

"We should just kill her now and be done with it, I don't have time to deal with another annoying bitch." The man stepped closer to Karl and me, and in the dim candlelight, I saw that the soldier was bald and sporting an overgrown beard.

I growled at the soldier. "Who you calling 'bitch', you lame-ass son of a-"

I'm cut off with a slap to the face by the bald soldier. My head swings sideways at the impact, making my teeth snag onto the side of my cheek. Blood starts to sprout from the cut.

I spit out some of the blood, making the ground crimson. "Fucking dick," I mutter under my breath when I come back to my senses.

"What was that?" I look up to see the bald soldier glaring daggers at me, his comrades forming a tight circle around us.

"I said you're a fucking dick."

I'm slapped again- then punched and punched and punched and punched. Soon I had to struggle to lift my shoulder so I could brush the blood off my temple to see clearly again after it covered my eyesight. I spit out another swab of blood, making sure it landed as close as it could to the soldiers, and looked up at the bald man with a smirk.

"You call those punches?" I taunt the man. His face grows red in anger. "Aw, did I hurt the manly man's ego?" I ask with puppy dog eyes and poking out my lip. I just laugh as the man raises his hand to strike me down again, but only to be stopped by Karl.

"We don't have time for this. We need her to tell what she's spilled, then you can have your... fun with her," Karl says with a knowing look to the bald man and the two other soldiers behind him. Did he mean... are they going to...

I shiver in disgust when the other soldiers look suggestively at my body up and down.

Karl steps close to me, only two feet away now. He bends his head down to my level. "Now, tell us who've you told and what you said."