Chapter 18

Reminiscing and Meeting

"Ano 'yun?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"You'll find out soon," he said while keeping his6eyes on the road. Somehow I find this road familiar, wait. This is the same road that leads to the park but I can't really be sure kung doon ba talaga kami pupunta. I just nodded and silently pondering where we are really headed to.

I minded my eyes on the road and it turns out we are headed to the park. He positioned his car in the parking lot and then opened the door for me, we then headed inside the park. Walang tao rito kasi pagabi na. He led me to the swing at pinaupo ako roon. I'm still clueless why we are here and what he's going to tell me.

"You're wondering why I brought you here, right?"

I nodded. I really need an answer though.

"I bought you here because I was thinking if ever you forgot about me."

Why would I forget him? We met like 3 weeks ago? Bakit ano bang meron?

"I figured, though I can't blame you. Okay, to start, this place is where I met you for the first time. This was my happy place and this was one of the best place my memory couldn't forget. Like I said I can't blame you that's because I didn't introduce my real name..."

Then who?

"Hi, I'm Andre. I was your playmate a 14 years ago. We played here a lot, I even have our picture together with Erina. I really wanted to stay here forever but things just wouldn't allow it..."

Andre? That was him! He's Andre! I admit when we met at Vheatrix's party I didn't recognize him. Maybe because he introduced to me with a different yet familiar name. I also didn't actually recognize him because he was different from the Andre I remembered. Andre was actually silent and a shy type, other than that he would often hide from every kid except for me and Erina. One time I introduced him to Seth and Seph, he hid behind me and never bothered to talk to them. That's how I knew Andre. It was a memorable scene but what I could never forget was one time he said goodbye and never showed up again. He didn't even reach out to me when he ran away. I was disappointed that I decided to forget about it and move on.

"but why did you say goodbye? Why did you disappeared the next day?"

"I had to, we had to. That time the company was in the verge of bankruptcy and Dad told us we have to go to Laguna so he can monitor the company from time to time and find ways to save it. I cried when Mom told me we were moving and she knows how much I wanted to stay here, with you but I had no choice. The moment I said goodbye, you asked me if I was gonna come back but I didn't reply because I was out of words for any assurance that I will return. Instead, I ran away without saying anything..."

While I listened, I cried reminiscing that moment where he told me the exact same words. Now I remembered.

"I have to go far away."

"Why? Why are you leaving? Please, don't leave." I begged while we were hugging each other and I was crying.

"I have to," he said and looked at me while he was slowly drifting away from me. He was looking down, Is he sad too? But why is he saying goodbye? He's supposed to be happy, right?

"Are you going to come back?" I said with a hopeful voice. If he says yes then I will not cry anymore. Andre will say yes. Andre will return and play with Aya and Erina. Andre will have lots of fun again. Andre will be happy with us.