Chapter 28

Let's Be Official

"Hey, what are you doing?" tanong ko kay Andre na nasa kusina namin ngayon na may kung anong niluluto.

Nagising ulit ako ng tanghali because of what happened earlier. Truth to be told, that was mind-blowing. We weren't even drunk. We were sober when we did that. We even did it in my own room. Mabuti nalang at hindi na-stain 'yun kung hindi magka-alaman na.

"Do you always keep condoms with you?"

"I don't actually. Dad made me though. He said that it was in case of an 'emergency'. It's a guy thing you wouldn't wanna know."

I really wouldn't want to know, but I already did. Alam ko na ang pinag-iisip ng Dad mo, Andre.

But what made me uncertain is that earlier he called me 'babe'. Should I ask? No? Baka namali lang yung narinig ko kanina. Whatever, I'll ask anyway.

"By the way, you called me babe earlier. What was that for?"

Nang marinig niya ako ay pinatay niya muna and stove at humarap sa akin. Nagulat ako ng bigla niya ako kinarga at pinaupo sa may counter table namin. I was locked between his arms and his eyes were sparkling while he looks at me.

"I called you babe because it suits you. I've been thinking of an endearment and I love it that's why. That's what I'd call you kung naging tayo. We're not yet official so, it kinda slipped off my mouth earlier but I didn't regret that."

I smiled because of what he said. He really has thought about it, huh. Back then I was never been called endearments by my exes. They thought it was a girl's job to come up with one. Relationships I had years ago were toxic and hurtful. I had to go to suffering because of the impact they made on me, on the other hand, there they were, laughing there hearts out as if nothing's happened and now right where I am living peacefully they try to mess me uo again. It's easy for them to just joke around and watch people hurt like it's just some TV show than looking through at what they had jabbed and broke.

I always thought I could never be able to date a man who's sincere, funny, smart, and a bit mischievous but here I am staring at him looking so amused with all that has happened.

Am I ready to start again? Am I ready to be with him? Am I ready to face our own possibilities together? Am I?

"Yes," I said and cupped his face. I'm ready.

"Huh?"

"Let's be official." I said and gave him a sweet kiss.

Tinignan ko siya na nakatulala pa rin sa sinabi ko. Is he that surprised?

"T-Tayo na?"

Paulit-ulit talaga? "Ay hindi. Sige babawiin ko na-" hindi na ako pinatapos magsalita at siniil nalang ako nito ng hilik. Gusto ata ng round two.

"I'm so-- Words can't describe how thankful I am!" sabi niya nakitang may butil ng luha sa gilid ng mata niya.

I let out a soft chuckle and cupped his face. I gave him another kiss and was about to let go but he caught it and started moving his lips with mine.

Round two pa nga.

"You done?"