Chapter 55 | Only You

Last Chapter of the official story - however there is an epilogue to come which will tie everything up, (and contain hidden clues for 'The Crimson King').

CRIMSON KING IS A CONTINUATION OF THE APK STORYLINE.
Lots of people have been asking me why APK has unanswered questions and this is my answer to that 😂 I had thought I'd made it obvious haha so now I'll just post this everywhere instead.

I cannot tell you guys how much my heart was breaking writing this Chapter knowing this is the end. I will write a longer Authors Note for the Epilogue, so for now, please enjoy the final Chapter of the A Pirate's Kiss Trilogy & thank-you all for your support, right until the end.

Love Always,
Daisy

__________________________

Chapter 55 | Only You

*

There are two things,
I will forever be sure of.
The sun will always
fall for the moon, and
I will always fall for
y o u .

-R.M Brodrick

*

ZALAS

He watched as Circe disappeared so fast out the door, it was as though she had evaporated.

Airocei held Zalas's arm as she left, preventing him from following after her.

"Let her go," his Mother told him quietly, "she has been kept waiting long enough."

Zalas huffed, folding his arms across his chest with a scowl. His opal eyes narrowed as he flicked his head away from his cousin's rapidly disappearing back, to glance at the gaping hole left in the diamond floor of the cell.

"You don't have to tell me," he tsked, "still. What a mess."

Airocei only smiled, a slight curl of her lips that betrayed her amusement and did not say anything more.

Behind them, Unabonan – having entered the cell – crouched at the edge of the hole and placed his hand flat on the floor, his angular brows pulling together as he concentrated.

There was a gentle crackling sound, like thick ice breaking underfoot, and the diamond floor beneath his hands began to creep forward at a speed visible to the naked eye. Fragments of crystal shot forwards, expanded, and collided into each other until the gap was sealed and it was as though it had never existed to begin with.

Unabonan straightened, looking Zalas in the eye.

It is done.

Zalas nodded curtly. "Did you really feel him here?" he asked.

His brother nodded once, his long white hair falling forward over his shoulder. His presence is impossible to mistake for anyone else. He was well hidden though. And he will have been alerted by my contact.

"He thinks he is being pursued?" Zalas asked sharply.

The dragon nodded again. He was not concerned before, as he had not been discovered. But now he thinks guards are coming for him, yes.

Zalas swore. "Can't you tell him to wait for her?"

Unabonan looked off into the distance again, silent for another moment before grimacing and shaking his head.