Chapter 28 | Internal Struggle

Hey Team!
Presenting Chapter 28 for your reading pleasure, I am hoping for some more Circe and Obsidian time in the next Chapter. Hope your week is ticking along well, please check my converstations thread on my Wattpad profile for an awesome fanmade trailer for APK by @Memoryxx
Lots of love,
Daisy

____________________________________

Chapter 28 | Internal Struggle

'And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.'
-John Steinbeck

OBSIDIAN

Obsidian was furious.
He couldn't find her.
His rage and frustration swirled internally, combining to create a nasty aura that swirled around him like a violent storm, causing the people in the streets to part around him, giving him a wide berth as he strode restlessly through the centre of town.

Back at the Inn, nothing had been revealed. It had been too long since she had gone, and he cursed himself again for not pursing her then. The alcohol he had chosen to drink instead, now throbbed like a bad decision in his brain, inciting his anger even further.

Damn it all.

He paused for a moment in the middle of the road, ignoring the glances that were sent his way and attempted to concentrate. If she had indeed gone into town with Nathaniel, she would have accompanied him to the docks. The boy was meant to go and check on a shipment that was due to arrive that morning, Obsidian knew as much.

His eyes flashed open and he spun on his heel, heading for the pier and he located Joseph without much issue. The old Merchant seemed surprised to see him, although he didn't comment, listening avidly to Obsidian's enquiry and passing on the information without so much as blinking an eye.

"Ah yes, the boy did pass through here. Not with a blonde, although he was with a woman," the old man paused in thought and then spoke through a frown, "tall," he described, "short hair, cautious type. She didn't say much, but they headed off towards the market together."

Obsidian's blood ran cold.
Jhaer.

*

CIRCE

Circe regained her consciousness slowly, confused by the barrage of noise and motion that immediately assaulted her senses. Why couldn't she see anything? Where was she? She was sitting down but it felt as though she was moving. Her head was throbbing with an excruciating pain and she felt as though her skull was being split in two. The deeply agitated voice that was pounding through her mind wasn't helping in the slightest.

Vanima!

Confused, she tried to reach up to rub her eyes and stand simultaneously but her hands were captured behind her back, her ankles bound also and that, coupled with a sudden violent motion from the ground under her feet caused her to sit back down with a disorientated thump.

"Circe!"

Vanima, can you hear me?

Ah, the pain. She shook her head in an attempt to rid herself of it, but it persisted.

Vanima-

"I can hear you!" She replied abruptly, efficiently silencing both voices, although it wasn't for long.

"Circe, are you okay-"

Vanima, I am coming for you-

"-she knocked you out-"