Chapter 17 | Clash

Hey Guys! Here is the next Chapter for you all, I'm pretty excited by this one haha Things are getting intense ;) There might be some errors in there as I'm in a rush right now, but I wanted to get this up! 
Love as always, 
Daisy xx

__________________________________________________________

ELIKA

Unabonan had grown restless as soon as we landed. His clawed feet dug deep furrows in the sand and his tail swished back and forth in anticipation. His white eyes did not move from the direction that I knew the port to be in. It was rare to see him so worked up.

I landed on the sand first, crouching slightly to absorb the impact as my feet sunk into the soft ground. My knives clinked gently under my clothing and I adjusted them a little as I straightened, swinging my hair back so that it fell down my back.

The morning was crisp, the sun had not quite emerged and from high above I heard the sound of gulls cawing, their sharp voices piercing the cloudless sky.

Zalas followed me down from Unabonan's back, his descent more graceful than mine, and as he landed and walked forward a little I saw that he left no foot prints in the sand behind him, perfect stealth as always. His eyebrows were drawn close together as he looked into the distance, his white eyes glowing slightly. He always looked so perfect, his razor sharp features accentuated by the whiteness of his skin, each line in his face straight, long and perfectly symmetrical. His hands hung loosely by his sides and I saw that his nails were long and pointed, more so than usual.

He is close. The black dragon, I sense him. His presence indicates that he should be somewhere in the town. The young one however, is still out at sea.

"He hasn't moved though?" Zalas asked curtly, eyes gleaming.

He hasn't moved.

"Then I will make the port our first priority."

"Zalas, I thought you wanted to find-" I began, but he held up a hand, cutting my words short. I began to frown, opening my mouth to protest his rudeness but he turned to look at me and the unwavering resolve that I saw in his eyes drowned out anything I had planned to say.

I could see fire there, flickering behind his irises and I knew that it burned in his heart too. This was not an encounter that he was willing to back down from, no matter the cost. The black dragon had sealed its fate the moment it had knocked my Prince out of the sky. I sighed quietly. I could not even justify my own argument when he looked like this.

"I am going to the town first," He stated, still staring me down, his gaze making me feel about ten inches tall. "You will wait here."

"I'm coming with you!" I said sharply. "You're not leaving me behind."

"It is just a scouting mission," He said grimly. "I need to confirm a few things first. Then I shall decide what to do."

"I don't care," I was being rude, I knew, talking back to royalty, but the thought of him going alone-"I'm coming with you, we will be less noticeable if we are together."

His eyes narrowed. "I do not plan on being noticed at all."

I couldn't help but take a step forward, my tone turning pleading. "Please. Zalas." I didn't want him to go alone. If he found whatever it was he was looking for ... I had seen the Prince's explosive anger before and it was not something he could control. If that happened, if he couldn't hold back, I had to be there to fight by his side.