Epilogue

Here it is guys - the Epilogue of the last book, (and also a sneaky teaser for Crimson King, which I am also uploading the first chapter of tonight).

CRIMSON KING IS A CONTINUATION OF THE APK STORYLINE.
Lots of people have been asking me why APK has unanswered questions and this is my answer to that 😂 I had thought I'd made it obvious haha so now I'll just post this everywhere instead.

With this, the APK trilogy is officially finished - however, Crimson King continues the story with a different cast of characters, and some returning ones.

In a moment I will write a separate Authors Note, because I'm sure you'd rather just get on and read this <3

Much Love,
Daisy

______________________________

Epilogue

*

'All we have to decide,
is what to do with the
time that is given to us.'

- J. R. R. Tolkien

*

2 Years Later

COBALT

Cobalt stood at the helm of the ship with the wind tangling his hair and a thrill in his heart. His tanned hands gripped the wheel tightly as he swung the wheel to starboard, turning the vessel through the water.

The high cliffs of the small Duchy loomed on either side of them and he called to take in the sails and prepare the ship to dock. Ahead of them, he could make out the busy colours of a bustling, thriving port – the scenery a rather shocking contrast to the barely surviving township he had left a year ago.

"It looks like we were right not to worry," Hobbson chuckled from beside him. The old man lifted a hand to shield his eyes against the sun's glare as he looked towards port. "They appear to be doing well."

Cobalt voiced his agreement, pointing to the left-side of the port, where a wharf stood open and waiting for them. "That's the one Nate left for us; we can dock there. Or at least that was what Anthemin said."

"I daresay he's right," Hobbson replied, squinting into the distance, "I can see someone waiting for us already," he smiled, "Anthemin must have told them we were coming in today."

"Can you?" Cobalt frowned, peering in the direction of the wharf, "Oh wait, I see."

There was indeed someone waiting there, and the figure became more clear as they sailed fully into the cove, the cliffs shielding the ship from the majority of the morning sun.

A little girl, about six years of age, stood at the end of the wharf, her blonde hair billowing in the breeze that skimmed off the ocean. Upon spotting Cobalt at the helm, she began to jump up and down, her arms waving with excitement.

There came a cry from on deck as Samson and the rest of the crew spotted the figure also, and the men clustered at the side of the vessel to wave and shout greetings to the girl.

The actions of the crew excited the child further and she began to run eagerly up and down the wharf, calling out words that Cobalt was still too far away to hear.

Cobalt grinned and waved towards her, spotting another person that was half concealed behind a wooden mooring post, his hat pulled low over his eyes, his arms folded tightly across his chest as he slept.