Chapter 5. Interviews.

So tonight is my last night in reality, before i enter the games. It could be last night forever, or just a couple of weeks. As i try to fall asleep, my interview is fresh in my head....

I tremble as I take my place in the chair next to Ceasar. 'Finnick! How are you today?'
'I'm good Ceasar. How are you?'
'Im fine Finnick. Now I understand this is your last night before you enter the arena. Do you believe that you will be leaving the arena alive?'
'I believe i have a good chance, Ceasar, but I am not certain.'
'Well, I heard that there was a bit of a commotion in the training sessions. The private sessions were even cancelled! Could you tell us what that was about?' Ceasar has a look of curiosity in his eyes.
'Well, lets just say there are a couple of tributes Im not a big fan of.'
'Haha! Well I guess we have to wait and see how that will turn out! And one last question. Is there a girl at home your fighting to get back to?'
I gulp. 'Well.... there is this girl I have liked for a long time. Shes pretty, intelligent, and she has a heart of gold. We were friends first, but I think, if I can get home, maybe she will finallt be mine.' I hear the crowd cheer.'
'Aw thats sweet. Do you have a message for her?' 'Yes I do. Annie. I am in love with you. I have always been in love with you from the moment we first met. I will come home.' 'Thats a lovely message Finnick but unforttunately we are out of time. See you in the arena. Well we'll see you but--'
'Bye Ceasar.' I get up and wave to the crowd. They errupt in applause as I walk of stage.

Then there was Connie's. I don't remember much of hers except one thing...

'So connie. Do you believe you can win?' 'Not really Ceasar. I'm just a shy little girl.' 'Well, is there someone for you back home too?'
'No. But I kinda already like someone now.'
'Who would that be.' She turns around and looks straight at the camera, straight at me. 'Finnick Odair.'

I don't believe her though. After what she said to Emily, about being stronger than you think, I just know she is putting on the shy girl act. And her liking me is just a part of it..but maybe im overthinking it. Im not sure whether to ally with her or not. We will have to wait and see