Chapter 4. Training, scores and tributes

Most of the tributes seem nice, but I don't want to become to friendly with them, knowing I will have to at least kill one of them. There is this girl from district 5, and she keeps flirting with me. Her names Emily? I think so. I don't flirt back though. I'm not interested, but atleast when the time comes, she may not try to kill me. In fact, I think I have quite a few secret admirers, judging the looks the girls are throwing my way. And the boys.... well I may be a target for them. Alot of them are almost green. Jealous.

In the training centre, they have bow and arrows, spears, knives.... and a trident. I wonder who that would be for? I spend alot of time on the survival skills, like lighting a fire, finding food, tying knots, etc. I decide to leave my trident and knife throwing for the private sessions, so no one can use it against me. I skip the fishing section, i think I will be ok with that. I decide to leave the spear, knife and trident handling till the private sessions. I don't want anyone knowing my strengths. I start at the survival skills. How to light fires, camoflauge, etc.

After my first couple of attempts, I finally manage to light a fire.

'Hey, Finnick right?' I turn around to see Emily, the girl from District five. She has a flirtatious look in her eyes.

'Um, yeah.' I mutter. I really do not like any of the attention the girls give me. Theres only one girl I want.

'Well, I think we could make a good team in the arena...we could make the games... more fun. If you know what I mean.' She gives me a wink.

'Look, Im still choosing who I want for my allies...'

'Im not suggesting we be allies!' We know only one of us can get out of there alive. So i suggest we make things interesting before we die...' She pulls me in close. She whispers in my ear, 'Do u agree with me Finnick, are you attracted to me?'

'Um well no-'

She moves in closer and presses her lips to mine. She is quiet strong actually, and she throws me against the wall. With every kiss she gets more and more intimate. I almost kiss her back. But then I remember Annie, and I immediately shove her away. 'Hey! Get away from him! Can't you see he doesn't like you?' I turn around to see Connie.

'What are you gonna do about it, little girl.' Emily smirks. She grabs Connie by the shoulder. She goes to throw a punch. Thats when i tackle her to the ground. I land on top of her. 'Did you decide otherwise on our little deal--'

I don't let her finish. I punch her in the nose. Blood sprays on to my face. 'Leave Connie alone.' Suddenly I'm being pulled off her by Peacekeepers. Her flirtatious look had finally been comprimised to one of anger. 'Connie grabs her Emily by the shoulder and throws her against the wall. 'Im stronger than i look. Im stronger than you think.' I look around at the other tributes for the first time. They have all stopped, and are staring in awe at the three of us, at the commotion we have caused.Suddenly, we are all being escorted to our rooms. 'What did you do!?' Cinma asks me. 'They have cancelled all of the training including the private sessions for everyone because of you! Care to tell me what happened!'

'Um well, one of the other tributes was trying to kiss me, and she was suggesting intimate behaviour, Connie came up to her and told her to piss off. Then, she tried to punch Connie, so I tackled her and punched her.' I feel the heat in my cheeks. I'm not sure whether its embarrasment or anger. Cinna has seemed to calm down. 'Ok. Well you should have left the peacekeepers to deal with Connie and Emilys little encounter.'

'Im sorry Cinna. But how are they going to score us?'

'They will score you by your training today.' You will not have anymore oppurtunities to train, so I hope your ready. But you also will be able to surprise everyone in the arena. I think they will give you three a high score, so you will be targeted in the arena. Thats how they will punish you.' And with that he leaves the room, and the humilation of what i did finally settles in.

The tributes from 1 are named Jared and Alyssa. The tributes from 2 are named Carson and Katie. Obviously, they are the careers. They are vain, strong, ruthless. From 3 there is Jordan and Candice. From 5, Emily and Connor.. 6, Liam and Chelsea. 7, Mia and Jed. Mia seems quiet and small, but a good ally. 8, Ian and Elizabeth. From 9, Byron and Naomi. From 10, Lily and John. 11, Celia and Jacob. And from 12, Ally and Riley. Rilry seems cool, so does Ally and Naomi, Mia and Jared. Elizabeth seems cool too. But at this point, i would rather ally with Connie.

That night we watched intently as the training scores were on TV. Jared. Ten. Alyssa nine. From District 2. Carson. Eleven. Katie. Ten.

District 3. Jordan. Eight. Candice. Eight. District 4, Finnick.... eleven. Connie. Eleven. Cinna doesn't look to impressed. The rest of the tributes are.... Connor. Nine. Emily. Eleven. I want tp be the one who kills her. District 6. Liam. Eight. Chelsea. Seven. From 7. Jed. Seven. Mia. Six.

From district 8. Byron. Nine. Naomi. Ten. . District nine. Ian. Five. Elizabeth. Ten! This will certainly be a difficult game!