Chapter 2. The Train.

AUTHORS NOTE.
Hey guys ill try and update as much as possible.. hope you liked the last chapter. If you have any ideas let me know. Please check out my other books that are not finished yet, Katniss and Peeta, and Artificial Memory. Anyway a question are you team gale, Peeta or Finnick in the Hunger Games series? Comment. Vote and read!
-MILLIE

I walk up to the stage, trembling. I feel like Im going to throw up. I must be so white now. Keep it together, Finnick. I think. 'The tributes from District 4, Connie Campbell and Finnick Odair!' No one applauses. Why would they. Its because of the capitols 'generosity' that we are most likely gonna die. But according to the totalitarian capitol, this is not only acceptable, but encouraged. We are there entertainment. Nothing else. We are shoved each into a room behinf the stage, where our loved ones can say goodbye. I must keep it together, until im alone, from cameras, people and my family. I must stay strong for them. My parents are the first ones to visit. For a while, we are just silent, embracing these potential last.moments together. Then, when the peacekeepers come into escort them out, my mother yells. 'I love you. You can win Finnick! Be strong and Ill see you soon.' My father says. 'The odds are in your favour. Your strong and will attract sponsors. Good luck. I love you. You will be the victor.' And with that, he is shoved out the door.

Next to walk in is Annie. We hug for along time. 'You can win Finnick. I believe on you... But if you don't make it... I need to tell you I love you. I always have. Come back to me Finnick.' 'Annie... I love you too.'

And with that she presses her lips to mine. The Peacekeepers have to literally pull her away from me. 'I will come back to you, Annie.'

'Ok, Finnick ill be here waiting.'

                                •••••••••

I walk into the train. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Its very fancy. We meet our prep team, and our stylists.

My stylists is named Cinna. This is his last year working for district four, next year he is going to 12. Apparently he chose them. I mean, I wouldn't. He could have any district and he chose 12. The poorest, smallest, weakest district in Panem. Hopefully, for there sake, they have a victor soon. They only have one,  Haymitch Abernathy. Maybe a girl this time. But not this games. I sit down to eat a meal with my mentor

Mags, and Cinna. Mags doesn't talk though. She's old and was around for the rebellion 65 years ago. She won the 4th annual Hunger Games. The food here is amazing. You will never leave hungry. They are going to treat us well before they force us to kill each other. We are like pigs, getting ready to be slaughted. I push the thought away and focus on my meal. I start to eat a spinach pie when Cinna and Mags run over the agenda. Cinna does the talking. 'In six days from today, you will enter the arena. You will not know what the arena actually is until you get there. So, for your sake, lets hope it is something you can handle.' I sneak a look at Connie. She looks so scared. I can see the fear in her blue eyes. Cinna continues 'You will be in the opening ceremony tonight, and you will have 3 days of training, before your private sessions. Save any talents you have until the private sessions, so no one can use it against you. After that you will find out yours and everyone elses training scores, which will help people pick their favourites. Having a higher score will cause the other tributes to see you as a threat, therefore targeting you first. But it also attracts sponsors. They can be the difference between life and death. The next night will be the interviews. And the next day, you will enter the arena. You will need to strategize a plan to get out of the arena. We will help you with that.  Now, any questions?'

I shake my head. But Connie has one. 'Why don't they just kill us all now?'

Cinna thinks about this for a minute. 'Because the one thing stronger than fear is hope.'

I think about this for a moment. It makes sense. There is hope for me. Connie... im not so sure about. She is quiet, and she is not the quickest, the strongest or the smartest by far. And on top of all that, she wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't think she could kill anyone, even if it meant sacrificing her own life. But, maybe she will surprise me. You never know, maybe the hope will get the better of her. And she might have some skills I don't know about. I guess Ill have to wait and see.