Chapter 3. The Ceremony.

After Dinner, Cinna, and Connie's stylist, Taylor, organise what we are going to wear. 'We were thinking of dressing you as a fisherman, but I think thats been a bit overdone' Taylor says. I nod. 'We were thinking of dressing you as a water god. Cinna states. Its a good idea, I guess, something different. 'So, do we carry around Tridents or something?' Connie smirks. I don't know why she finds this funny, she must be going mad. 'Thats exactly what I'm suggesting.' Cinna says. I can tell he doesn't like Connie much, he always uses a really cold tone with her. She backs off. 'Now your prep teams are going to start preparing you. We will be back in one hour.'

                             •••••••••

We are in the carriage, waiting to go into the opening ceremony. I have a trident in one hand, and my other is holding Connies hand. I'm afraid she will fall out of the carriage. The crowd roars when they see us. I hear my name being chanted. 'Finnick! Finnick! Finnick!' I smile my most flirtious smile, which causes another roar from the crowd. Connie trys to smile, but unsuccesfully. She is so pale, I think she might pass out. When the ceremony finishes, Cinna and Taylor congratulate us, and then Connie falls to the floor, unconscious. 'She must have been nervous,' Taylor says. 'She was pale the whole time, I was worried she would faint!' Cinna bends down to stroke her hair. 'Oh, Finnick, you worry about her too much, you know, i can tell you like her.' He gives me a grin. I don't know why, but this infuriates me. I storm out of the room, without looking back.

I don't like Connie in the way Cinna implied. She is an amazing girl, but I just want to be friends. I don't know why Cinna's comment rubs me the wrong way, but I need to compose myself. I am in love with Annie Cresta. And she is the only one I want. Or maybe...I do like Connie? I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter, because only one can get out of the arena alive.