25 || Shock

Harry's pov

My memories of that night are blurry, but there's this feeling that I'm not able to shake. My logic tells me it was Amber that night, it couldn't have been y/n because that would be impossible...

Amber doesn't know if it was her or not, she doesn't remember anything because she'd been drinking. Things just don't seem to add up and it's sparking a light in me. This new found shred of hope makes me believe the impossible.

The one thing I remember clearly is Bellatrix carving something into Amber's forearm, and the crazy thing is that she doesn't have a scratch. Everyone, except Hermione, seems to brush it off, even Ron, who told me he saw blood on Amber's arm that night. Maybe they don't want to hold onto false hope. But how was Amber even able to carry me to the hospital wing if she was drunk?

There is one man who has to know more. The man who took her away from me. That greasy old dungeon bat.

With my invisibility cloak draped over me, I sneak through the halls of Hogwarts. It's long past curfew, everyone is asleep and the halls are pitch black. The adrenaline is racing through my body, all of my senses are heightened as I'm on a dangerous mission. Suddenly some footsteps approach and I quickly stop in my tracks, standing as still as possible and not making any sounds. I feel my heartbeat in my stomach as sweat drips down my forehead. My glasses slowly slide down my nose but I'm too scared to make a sound by moving my hand and pushing it back.

I'm shocked to not see a professor coming around the corner, but a rather anxious Draco Malfoy. The light coming from his wand makes me able to see his face. Something is glistening on his cheek while it rolls down slowly. His eyes are red and the bags under them huge. It's weird seeing Draco like this, he's vulnerable and it makes him look more human, more attractive even. He always puts on this cold facade, but it seems like he's scared of something.

My thoughts get interrupted by my glasses clattering on the floor and breaking in the process. Draco's head snaps in my direction, his eyes are big and his eyebrows furrow as he approaches where the sound came from. He kneels down inches away from me and reaches for a piece of glass which had found its way out from under my cloak. He holds it in between his thumb and pointer finger as he studies it carefully. I can tell his muscles are tense and his nostrils flare every now and then.

"You can come out now, Potter." He says smoothly with the most smug look on his face. My heart skips a beat as my name comes out of his mouth. Hesitantly, I pull off my cloak and his piercing grey eyes meet mine.

His hand flies to my throat and he pins me against the wall roughly. "If you tell anyone, I will kill you." He snarls, his platinum blonde hair hanging messily over his forehead, eyes boring into mine.

"I-I won't, don't worry." I stutter nervously as a weird feeling fills my stomach. His fingers digging into my skin sends shivers down my spine, my stomach does a flip as I hear his heavy breathing. With his other hand he runs something over my bottom lip, pressing into it before I feel a sharp pain and some blood dripping into my mouth. Draco releases my throat and forces the thing he cut me with into my hand. "Good." He states before walking away fast.

I have to catch my breath for a moment, leaning against the wall, before I take a look at what's in my hand. Of course, it's one of the broken pieces of my glasses. What was that all about? I know there's been tension between us since first year, but this, this was different... Ugh I shouldn't be thinking about this right now. I quickly rearrange my thoughts and fix my glasses before putting on the cloak again and continuing my mission. Without any further trouble, I manage to successfully break into the potions storeroom and get out undetected.