04 || Birthday

It's been three weeks

Because Snape teaches me in the evenings and in the weekends, I don't have to wake up early anymore. I wake up every morning around 10 am and peacefully make myself breakfast in Snape's kitchen. He usually eats lunch with me to keep me company in between his classes.

Because of my boredom, I developed an interest in cooking. So Snape would buy me ingredients and I'd make us dinner. I sucked in the beginning, but I got better and better.

"I'm ready for my lesson." I say as I sit next to him at the table in his living room.

His eyes scan my body in disapproval. "How many times do I have to tell you to put on some decent clothes."

"Why would I do that? My sweatpants are comfortable. Besides, it's not like I'm ever going anywhere." I respond like a typical teenager.

"I don't want you to become lazy." He says, judging me.

"Lazy?! I cook, I clean, I workout every day and do my homework. But because I do that in my sweatpants, I'm lazy?" I respond irritatedly with my arms crossed.

He doesn't respond and just starts teaching me. Even though he's a potions teacher, he's pretty good at explaining and teaching the other subjects too.

The next morning I wake up rather sad.

Happy birthday, y/n! Have a nice party by yourself! Jeez, eighteen! I'm almost a grandma! Let's just hope I'll be out of here for my next one.

I feel a tear running down my cheek, but I hold myself in from breaking down. As usual, I make myself some breakfast and I walk over to the living room to eat it. Then, my eyes fall on a huge present. I walk closer and notice a little card with a message on it.

Happy birthday, y/n.
Now you can make good use of the time that you've got instead of sleeping in and lying on the sofa.

P.s. You don't have to worry about the sound, I already put a spell on the room.

I quickly unwrap it and there it it. A piano! I gasp in shock as my eyes study the beautiful instrument. My fingers are hungry for the keys and I immediately take a seat behind it. I used to play a lot when I was younger, but I stopped. Now I can only remember some basic chords and notes, but enough to play some songs. I've always loved muggle songs and artists, so I immediately knew which song I was going to play first.

It took me a while to figure out the chords, but when I started playing it felt like magic. The sound of my voice mixed with the piano, it felt amazing.

I'm startled when I hear applause coming from behind me. When I turn around, I see Snape walking towards me.

Shit, is it lunch time already?

"You should sing like that more often. You always hum or mumble, but you never let me hear your voice. Why hide such an angelic voice?" He raises his eyebrow at me.

His words make my heart flutter, leaving me unable to respond. Then I realize I have to thank him for this incredible present. I quickly get up and throw my arms around his shoulders. "Thank you so much!" As he's pretty tall, I have to stand on my toes. He chuckles and awkwardly waits until I stop showing my excitement in affection.

Afternoon

I'm reading one of my favorite books on the sofa in the living room.