Chapter 4

Like I said, it was going to be a very interesting lunch period.

Poking the pasta at my tray, I watched as everyone had fun talking and laughing with someone else. Francis was flirting with some girl at another table, Gilbert was chatting with Ludwig, and Lovino was still arguing with Antonio. Eventually, the large bell chimed once more, and I stood, going over to throw away my untouched food. Glancing back, I spotted Ludwig and Gilbert, with the albino ruffling the blond's hair while the other sighed, and pushed up his glasses. Looking away, I began to trek down the southeast hall, all the way towards the locker room. Afterall, I did have gym.

Getting towards the locker room, I pushed the door open and walked over to my specific locker. Holding the green, white, and red lock attached to it, I began to unlock the compartment, pulling out my gym clothes. Looking around, I saw many other people changing and getting ready for P.E as well. A lot of people were being rowdy and chatting about the weekend, while others were simply doing other activities. Pulling off my shirt, I replaced it with a larger white one, before donning the familiar red P.E shorts we were all issued. It was a deep crimson, with two bold, white stripes on each side.

As the whistle blew from one of the coaches inside, I followed other students out towards the back doors, towards the outside. Meeting us was a large, black track, and bleachers on either side of the door. Watching the other students begin to file out onto the track, I tried my best to follow suit, though I did get tired easily.

While I jogged on the black gravel, I saw a pair of figures in front of me. One had a very muscular back, with cropped blond hair waving in the wind. The other had very noticeable bleached white hair, which had a lot more flow. Blinking, I watched as the two conversed, and trotted across the trail. I began to try and catch up to them, until Gilbert looked back.

"Oi, bruder," He called out, nudging his arm. Ludwig looked over, his glasses off, and furrowed his brow.

"Vhat is it now?" He gruffly asked. Gilbert pointed in my direction, and he followed the finger to look at me. I gave a rather sheepish wave, before concentrating on jogging once again. I heard a sigh, and a few more words. Soon, though, a certain guy was by my side. Looking up, I gave a bright smile, before glancing where Gilbert was. At least, where he was supposed to be. He was already down the trail, leaving us in the dust. Blinking in surprise, I glanced up at Ludwig, and then spoke.

"Ve~! Hello again!" I greeted. The other pushed his bangs back and gave a small nod in response, not really speaking at all. As we bounded around the second bend, I could feel myself growing more and more exhausted.

"Ve...Running is so much work! It's to hard!" I whined out loud, causing the other to scoff.

"But running everyday is good exercise," Ludwig responded, starting to get a little ahead of me. "It vill strengthen your legs." Just as I'm about to say something to the taller man, the coach shouts at me.

"Vargas! Pick up zhe pace or sit out!" The coach said, his arms crossed. He seemed rather scary, but a lot more than Ludwig. I knew he meant well, but with that hard face, who wouldn't find him scary?! I've heard he even carries guns wherever he goes, too!

"Ve! I'm sorry sir!" I yelled out, starting to grow too exhausted to go on. I was beginning to stop running as Ludwig looked over, his face starting to turn to a scowl. Coming to a halt, I walked over to the bleachers, sitting down. Looking up, I saw that he was indeed following me, jogging over from the track. He looked rather confused, but also somewhat...irritated, maybe? I watched him silently as he came over, crossing his muscled arms and staring down at me with sharp, ocean blue eyes.

"Vhat are you doing sitting out?" Ludwig interrogated, raising an eyebrow. I scratched my cheek nervously for a few moments, chuckling.

"Well..You see..Um.." I tried to find the right words. "I get really bad headaches, y'know? And sometimes, I get reaaally tired, too! Because of that, the teachers let me sit out when I start feeling bad!"