Chapter 5

"R-Ryou! That's beyond shameress! Now you're gonna have to take responsibirity!"

Kiku's face turned to a very bright shade of of red. It reminded me of Big Brother Antonio's tomatoes. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression, though I had no idea why he was acting this way. Letting my hand drop from his, I glanced ahead. The paired groups had shuffled to form a line, and we happened to be at the very end of it. Taking a glimpse in Kiku's in direction, I let a soft sigh slip from my mouth once again.

"Ve, Kiku~" I spoke. Kiku looked up in slight surprise, before raising an eyebrow. "How do you think we'll manage to pull off the duet?" I asked. "We're gonna have to practice it in front of the class soon, and I don't know what to do, ve! What if I mess up with what I'm supposed to do? I'm not good with instruments!"

"Werr..." Kiku seemed to regain his composure, at least enough not to look as red as pasta sauce. Placing his chin in his hand, he contemplated deeply for a few moments, before looking up at me. "I've actuarry heard this song before..But I don't know how to play it, as of yet. Ruckily, I do know how to pray a piano.." He stated.

As the line slowly began to move up, each person was given a turn to try out the song and work with the partner. Luckily, since it was already halfway into the year, we had all acquired the needed skills to know how to play a piano. I took a peek at the front of the room, where one of the two grand instruments were. We got to listen to different people try their hand at the music Mr. Roderich passed out to us. I took a glimpse at the one at the back of the room, and realized that no one was using that one.

It was probably because it wasn't new. The grand piano in the back had been there ever since we first began our years here at the school. Probably even before that. It's been there so long, that no one even really knows how it got there. Over the years, the school received newer, better instruments, and the one in the back was soon forgotten. Sometimes, I even forget that we have another piano in the room.

As I went over to Mr. Roderich, I soon piped up. "Mr. Roderich, Mr. Roderich! Can we use the piano in the back? Y'know, the one in the back, that no one really uses anymore! The line's too long, and Kiku and I would like to use that one!" Kiku looked up when his name was called, and then raised an eyebrow. The music teacher thought for a bit, glancing at the instrument, and then at us, before back at the piano. Finally, giving a low groan, he nodded.

"Fine," He huffed, holding his forehead. "Just lemme take of vhe cover on vhe piano. Then zou can do it." Turning away to get to the back, I gave a large grin. Watching him pull away the large, dusty white cloth, he revealed a warm shaded, cafe colored grand piano. It looked like it was brand-new, now that the disgusting sheet was off. Placing the cover in the corner near a storage door, he walked back to us, handing Kiku the music sheet.

"Ve~! Grazie, Mr. Roderich!" I thanked him, before I began to walk over towards the piano. He grumbled out a short 'you're welcome,' before strolling off to assist another pair of students. When we got to the piano, there was just enough room to walk around, but occasionally, I did bump into the random bongo, or tip over the sporadic maraca. After finally getting through, I glanced at the sheet of musical notes, and then looked at Kiku.

"Kiku," I asked, watching him sit down in the piano bench. "What do you want to do? Would you like to sing the song, or play the music, ve~?"

"I prefer to sense the mood, and, as I cannot sing that werr , either, I wirr play the piano." Kiku nodded, as if agreeing to his own statement.

Ve, he's very strange..I thought, but shrugged it off. Nodding as well, I stared at the lyrics. "Veee!" I whined, staring at it. "This song is so loong!" How were we ever going to finish this?