𝐂𝐡.𝟐 ; 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝

The Cyrille kingdom was always boring, or well at least to the prince. He's done everything he could do without getting in trouble, his life was the same thing every day. Just repeating the same thing, over and over again.

The dark brunette was always bored, he yearned for something to do to keep him occupied.

There was only one thing the prince enjoyed, and that was reading, he specifically only read murder mysteries. He daydreamed about being a detective when he dazed off in boredom. Sadly, he was a prince and he'd be stuck like that forever.

After all, there no way to change your bloodline.

He didn't have any siblings either so if he ran away the kingdom would be heirless and he didn't have the guts to do that to his kingdom.

George has contemplated running away enough times to know that it would be selfish and rude. He hated being rude to others,  though he accidentally insulted others from time to time with no malicious pursuit.

He was one of the only members of the royal family that cared for others. He hated leaving a mess for servants and often helped them out when his parents were gone.

He knew he wasn't supposed to but he didn't like others having to technically take care of him.

George was also faint of heart, he hated seeing people in need or hurt. Gore disgusted him. He has studied medicine for a little amount of time so he helped out others when possible.

He didn't want to be king either, based on his father's behavior, it seemed stressful. He preferred to be more carefree with his time. However, the kingdom was enthusiastic about his upcoming kingship so he didn't want to let them down.

The opinion of others matters a lot to George, he had always been dependent on praise and nice comments to keep going.

Insults bothered him a lot as well if someone cared enough to bring up something about him in a negative light, they most likely meant it. This led George into becoming a people pleaser. He hated the fact that he was one though.

George's birthday was soon and he was remarkably nervous. This time his party was going to be a masquerade, however, that was his own choice. He had read a masquerade murder mystery a few days prior and he suddenly had an obsession with masquerades.

It was just something about the aesthetic of it. Classical music, big frilly dresses, suits, and faces hid behind mysterious masks just seemed to amaze George now.

He was both nervous and delighted thinking about it. On one hand, it could all go terribly wrong, and on the other hand, it could all go amazingly. He hoped it wouldn't end up like the book he read.

In his book, a rich mansion owner had hosted a masquerade however every time the lights went out someone died, in the end, it all turned out to be an evil plan by the owner and his butler for some type of egg but George doubted that at least tbs last part would happen.

George had already designed his mask he also designed multiple as extra for guests without any. The one he made for himself was blue with a dark outline and gold color around the eyes. A red mushroom came out of the corner of the mask near the right eye which was his personal touch to his design.

He placed the mask on his face to see what it looked like, he was pleasantly surprised with the results.

And thus, even though he was still nervous, George was fully prepared for the masquerade. Or at least on his mind, he is.