𝐂𝐡.𝟖 ; 𝐖𝐡𝐨?

The ballroom slowly died down as the guests tired. the loud chattering became more silent by the minute.

The prince saw an object glisten on the floor, reflecting the ballroom on its silber surface. It was a knife, the tip was sharp enough to cut with just one tap.

It was obviously dangerous to just keep lying on the ground so George cane to tbe decision to pick it up and bring it to a safe place.

He kept the knife hidden in his hand, it would be pretty suspicious if he just kept it out on his hand.

As he walked his head filled with thoughts.

'who was that?'
'why did they do that?'
'why did i like it?'

George shook away the thoughts from his head, itd be best not to question anything at the moment, it was probably just some random guest he'd never see again.

He continued to walk as he entered the familar hallway.

'no, it wasnt just some random guest.'
'i dont remeber putting them on the guest list anyways'

George looked down towards the ground as he came to a halt.

'i have to speak to him again'

George believed he might be able to catch the mysterious person before the masquerade ended.

He didnt want just leave the knife on the ground though so he quickly stabbed it in the wall, he'd come and get it later.

And on that note, he ran back to the ballroom.

- - - - -

Clay leaned against a wall near the back of the ballroom. He smirked to himself, messing with others was always fun to him no matter who it was. Playing with their emotions was amusing.

Clay's smirk went away soon after that thought. He didnt get the same amusement when teasing the other boy like that. He had a want to see him again as well.

'no no no- shut up, you dont want to see him again.'
'you're better than this Clay.'

Clay's minded clouded with an array of thoughts.

'you have to k i l l him, not befriend him.'

Clay sighed as he walked over to a large hallway. He kept his gaze towards the ground. He noticed paintings passing by as he walked but ignored them.

He was about to turn around a sharp corner, when he saw the prince. the damned prince.

There was no one around, this would be the perfect time to kill him, despite having poisoned his glass earlier.

Clay had brought a knife with him for a back-up plan, and just for some fun torture.

As he reached for the knife he kept in his pocket, he felt nothing. The knife wasnt there.

"Hu-"

He hushed himself before he could speak.

The prince walked away without him noticing. A knife stood impaled within the wall.

Clay quickly ran over to it without a word and put it back to its original place with its sheath.

The prince was smarter than he expected. He quietly walked back to the ballroom, a few groups had left while most had stayed.

He noticed the glass he had poisoned was still full on the throne it was placed on. So, obliviously, his poison plan wasn't going to work.

The assassin sighed to himself. He'd have to try another way to murder this royal.

____________________________________

IM SORRY FOR NOT MAKING A NEW CHAPTER FOR LIKE 3-4 DAYS.

I was busy with some irl stuff and didnt have any time to write, plus im having to fill out stuff for highschool and its just a h.

anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, i should get back to updating regularly!