𝐂𝐡. 𝟔 ; 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

George sat on his throne waiting to be dismissed by his parents so he could enjoy his party.

However, his parents were busy speaking to the other guests in their seats. Thus George decided he would sneak away when their attention wasn't focused on him.

The prince stepped around the filled room, greeting guests and saying greetings to old friends. He also went over to thank some of the servants for their help.

"Thanks again for helping out with the pastries, Niki!" George smiled a thank you to the baker.

Niki had been known as a promising baker in the kingdom. It was honestly quite hard to hate her pastries. No one can decide whether it's her kindness that gets to them or the actual pastries themselves.

Either way, she was popular among royalty and the townspeople.

"It's no problem, your highness!" Niki smiled back. She had been invited to the masquerade as she was suggested by George to be one of the accepted townspeople to attend.

At the moment she wore a light cyan dress, the sleeves left her shoulders exposed. A mask the same color as her dress with a wing design on the corners covered her face.

"Also, since I feel like just being invited here as payment for your services isn't enough, here take this!" George smiled as he held out a pouch.

Niki curiously took it and looked inside "Your highness, this is too much, are you sure?" Niki spoke in a shocked tone.

Inside the bag were multiple coins made of pure gold along with some precious jewels, such as diamonds and emeralds.

"No, it's fine honestly, take it! Us royals have too much anyways." He spoke sarcastically at the world royals. He always hated using that word, it just made him feel like he was saying him above others, which he wasn't.

Niki sighed. She wasn't going to try and deny him. "Alright alright, thank you, your highness. It's greatly appreciated." He nodded a thank you with a smile.

George smiled back and walked away back into the crowd of people.

After awhile of socialization, he felt as if he needed a short break. It wouldn't necessarily be a long break, maybe just around ten minutes to himself.

As he walked down the hallway, decorated windows passed by as he walked. He soon bumped into a familiar face, it was one of his knights and one of his father's royal advisers.

"Ah hello, Callahan!" He smiled and waved.

Callahan quickly wrote on a notebook he had with him 'Hello Prince George! :D' he put a smiley face at the end.

Callahan was mute meaning he was able to speak so he had a notebook with him at all times so he could communicate.

Callahan quickly wrote again 'Shouldn't you be at the party?' He titled his head as he held up his notebook.

"Oh I was gonna take a ten-minute break from everyone but, it's already been seven minutes-" George smiled after realizing the time. Callahan then dragged him back off to the ballroom.

The room was still filled with chatter and classical music that filled George's ears as soon as he walked back in. People danced to the music in the center. He and Callahan decided they would talk for a bit as well.

Clay stood near the thrones of the king and queen, he assumed the prince would be back soon but then he suddenly had an idea. He could kill the entire royal family and leave the country in chaos. The Antarctic Empire could take over the land as well, the assassination agency did owe them a lot after all, and Clay thought that letting them take over a country in pure chaos would be a good repayment.

Clay reached into his pocket, he had brought extra poison in case his original plan didn't work, luckily for him, it did come in handy for another reason.

Royals were surprisingly foolish at gatherings like this. They were completely vulnerable and perfect for the poisoning.

Clay snuck past the few surrounding guests and snuck a few drops of poison into each of the royals drinks while they were distracted.

The prince's empty seat had a small glass next to it as well so he had slipped poison to thereafter the other two.

Clay then went back to watching the rest of the party-goers.