𝐂𝐡. 𝟓 ; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

The castle began to fill with people as the sun set beneath the horizon. The moon shone full in the dark sky filled with small white dots of stars. Knights stood at the open doorway, tall enough to fit giants. Guests that entered wore their most fitting formal attire, making the whole event look even more elegant. 

As the guests entered a master of ceremonies announced their names as an introduction. Prince George was forced to sit on his throne during the introduction part of the masquerade, which he found boring. The whole part of a masquerade is to not know who the others are.

"King Phil Watson of The Antarctic Empire" the master of ceremonies announced as a male with green attire and a forest-themed mask walked in. Soon after another guest walked in "Prince Techno Blade of The Antarctic Empire." A male with a gold mask walked in, a bored expression on his face, he wore a long red king cape which stood out a bit.

"Prince Wilbur Soot of The Antarctic Empire." A male with fluffy hair entered with a light blue mask. A child around the age of eleven ran in recklessly past him. The announcer held back a bit of laughter "Prince Tommy Innit of The Antarctic Empire." Soon after an awfully tall male with quite the odd appearance entered, his skin looked like that of a forest enderman, the other side was white as snow, his clothing matched the color scheme of his skin as well. He snuck in staring at the ground avoiding eye contact. "Ranboo the Enderman of The Antarctic Empire." that was a new title that George doubted anyone had heard before.

The members of The Antarctic Empire were always quite odd, they also always brought a peasant boy named Tubbo with them due to the youngest prince not wanting to be separated from him.

The members left into a side corner of the room as they seemed to slip something through the window. The enderman looked nervous while keeping watch.

Soon after, someone with dirty blonde hair and a forest green and black mask entered "Prince Clay of The Antarctic Empire." This was a new person, while The Antarctic Empire did let others into their monarchy, this one just seemed different. George looked over at the male with a squint, he was desirable, he'd give him that but he just seemed suspicious. George had read enough mystery novels to know that if someone seemed even the slightest bit suspicious that you should keep your eye on them.

Clay snuck past the other guests, bowing back at a few. He had been to enough galas to know how to act towards royals. 

He made his way to the members of The Antarctic Empire "Thanks again for sneaking me in." Clay whispered and bowed a thank you. "It's no problem mate!" Phil spoke with a smile.

The Antarctic Empire had always helped out the assassin agency plus Techno himself took a few missions as due to a curse he constantly heard voices that craved violence, thus going on assassination missions helped calm those.

Thus they thanked the agency by sneaking them into important galas by making Wilbur forge the handwriting of the invitations, which he happily helped with.

Technoblade stared off into the distance quietly and boredly. He had made sure to calm his voices before coming but knowing that a murder would most likely happen made them a bit worse. Luckily, Ranboo had noticed and helped him calm down a bit.

"So have you got a plan for this one?" Phil asked casually. "Pretty much, yeah. Since he's a prince I want it to be as painful as possible." Clay responded with a very slight sadistic tone in his voice. "well damn, aight then." Phil laughed a bit, he was unusually chill about the whole situation. "Well if ya need any more help ask us. We told Ranboo about the whole assassin agency thing yesterday so he's willing to help too." Phil spoke reassuringly, Ranboo nodded at the mention of his name. Clay smiled a bit "Alright, thank you." he bowed a thank and then walked away. Tommy and Tubbo ran back up to the others as soon as he left.

As Clay turned around, he made his way to the bar to sit down for a second. He made comfortable on the hard-wood chair as his eyes discreetly scanned the crowd around him, his head slightly tilted back as he casually sipped on an auburn-colored whiskey. The man he was supposed to get rid of was described as short, supposedly wearing a mushroom themed mask, had dark brunette hair, and well was the prince who hosted the whole ball. Clay knew that he kept colorblind goggles on him and that he’s probably going to be surrounded by all sorts of important people.

As his fingers roamed over the small dagger (which was covered by a sheath so he wouldn't stab himself) tucked safely into his pocket, his eyes followed a group of royals in regal formal wear making their way over to the bar, just for most of them to part ways after bowing goodbyes.

Clay had his murder planned, however, it would take some time to get to it. it would also involve some socialization.