Chapter 2

Katrina looked back at me. "You wanna tell them..?"

A small sigh escaped my lips. "Might as well... Mom, dad, Katrina and I met under, um, unusual circumstances-"

"She was an escort." Luna cut in.

Katrina and I shot her a glare.

She shrugged, taking a sip of her wine. "What? You guys were taking forever."

I closed my eyes, calming myself, before returning my gaze to my parents. They didn't look thrilled.

"Look, that's not important. What's important is that we love each other and we want to get married and start a family. That's what matters most." I said, Katrina nodding her agreement.

"It hasn't even been a year since you met, how could you possibly know that?" Luna asked.

I rested my head in my hands, Katrina glancing nervously between my silent parents.

"Luna, please leave the kitchen for a minute." I said.

"But, I haven't even-"

My head snapped towards her, the look on my face telling her everything she needed to know.

She just nodded, grabbing her wine and Julia, before exiting the room.

I rubbed my forehead, trying to figure out the best way to explain this whole thing.

"Seashell, is all of this true..?" My dad asked.

I looked up at him. "Yes... But, again, it doesn't matter-"

My mom put her hand up, cutting me off. "Could you give your father and I a minute?"

I sighed as I stood, taking Katrina's hand in mine, leading her out of the room.

Luna and Julia scurried to sit down as we entered the living room.

"We weren't listening to you guys..." Luna said.

I fixed her with an icy glare, folding my arms over her chest.

"It was her idea..." Julia added.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" I whispered furiously at Luna.

She raised her hands in fake surrender. "I'm sorry, I thought honesty was the best policy. Wouldn't you rather them know now instead of finding it out later?"

I shook my head. "No, Luna. I'd rather they didn't know at all, but I guess that doesn't matter now."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Katrina asked me.

I turned to her. "What?"

She folded her arms now. "You didn't want them to know any of it? Are you embarrassed of me or something?"

My eyes widened. "W-what? N-no, of course not."

"Bullshit." Luna said.

I spun on her. "Luna, I swear to god, if you open your mouth again, I will literally rip your tongue out."

She sat back, pretending to zip her lips.

"Don't worry about her. You're supposed to be talking to me." Katrina said, anger and sadness hidden behind her eyes.

I averted her gaze. "I'm not embarrassed by you, Katrina... I love you... But, I know how my parents are and... I didn't wanna cause a scene..."

She scoffed. "That sure didn't seem to bother you at that fancy dinner you invited me to. You know, where you quit your job to be with me..."

I reached for her hand, but she backed away. "Katrina-"

"You quit your job?" My mom asked, bewildered.

I glanced over at her, my dad entering the room now. "What happened, Seashell? That was a great job."

"Debatable." Luna interjected, yet again.

I put my hands up, taking in a calming breath. "Look, there's a lot going on right now and I think we could all use a break before this gets out of hand."

Katrina rolled her eyes before storming out the front door, slamming it closed behind her.

My parents patted my shoulders before heading upstairs.

Luna walked past me, into the kitchen, where she was definitely raiding my parents' fridge.

My shoulders slumped as I made my way over to the couch, sitting down next to Julia.

She wrapped an arm tentatively around my shoulders. "You ok?"

I shook my head, fighting back the tears. "What the hell just happened? It's like everything fell apart right in front of me."

"Thats because it did." Luna said, bag of chips in one hand and a six pack of beer in the other.

I shot her an angry glare. "Yeah, thanks to you."

She plopped down on the recliner, popping open a beer. "Look, you can blame me if it makes you feel better, but we both know it's not my fault."

I studied her for a long second. "Are you really that fucking delusional?"

She winked at me before turning on the TV, shutting me out.

I let out a groan before getting to my feet.

"Where are you going?" Julia asked.

"I'm going to find Katrina. Watch Luna for me." Then, I was out the door.

Luckily, I didn't have to look far. Katrina sat in the car, which was still in my parents driveway.

I hesitantly got into the passengers seat. "I figured you would have left..."

She shrugged, looking down at the steering wheel. "I didn't know the gate code..."

I breathed out a long sigh. "Katrina... I love you and nothing you could do would ever embarrass me..."

She finally looked up at me. "Then why didn't you want your parents to know..?"

I looked down this time. "Because... Their approval means a lot to me, even if I don't admit it... And, I didn't want them to see you the way Luna clearly does... I wanted them to see what I see, a kind, beautiful woman who always makes me laugh and never ceases to amaze me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Katrina... I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings..."

She slowly took my hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I'm sorry for blowing up at you... I love you to and I guess I just want everything to be perfect between us..."

I caught her gaze, a slight smile tugging at my lips. "And it will be... I promise."

She smiled back before leaning in for a sweet kiss.

We pulled apart, leaning back in our seats.

"So... Is Luna still alive?" She asked.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, for now."

She returned it. "That's good, I kinda like her."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "Me to..."