Chapter 7

The wedding was only a couple days away and the anticipation was killing me. Not to mention my parents were supposed to be flying in today and we still hadn't picked out our dresses...

Katrina and I drove down the small highway towards the local airport to pick up my parents.

I looked down at my feet, a million thoughts running through my mind.

"You doing ok over there?" Katrina asked.

   I looked up quickly. "Oh, yeah, just a little nervous I guess."

   'Liar.'

   She took my hand in hers then, giving me a reassuring smile. "Is it your parents?"

   I gave her a small smile back. "Yeah... I'm happy they're coming..."

   "But..?" She said.

   I let out a little sigh. "But... They're whole change of heart is making me nervous..."

   She squeezed my hand a little tighter. "Hey, they love you. Sure they're a little... eccentric about it. But, they seem sincere."

   I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

   She nudged me with her elbow. "I usually am. Now, turn that frown upside down, we're almost there."

   I looked over at her, smiling a little bit. 'She's great... How did I get so lucky?'

   Before my train of thought could continue, we pulled up to the small airport, seeing my parents sitting on a mountain of luggage outside.

   My dad jumped up first and my blood ran cold. He was wearing a rainbow t-shirt with Katrina and I's pictures on it.

   "Jesus Christ, dad." I said as I stepped out of the car.

   "I really wish you wouldn't blasphemy, Seashell." He said, pulling me into a tight hug.

   After I pulled away, I pointed to his shirt. "Sorry, dad, but the shirt just caught me off guard."

   "Aren't they great? We just had them made up this morning." My mom said.

   I sighed a little but nodded anyway, pulling her into a hug next.

   "Phillip, Karen, it's great to see you again." Katrina said, shaking their hands.

"Oh, the pleasure is all ours." My dad said before handing her one of the many suitcases they brought. "Here, let's get this stuff packed up so we can hit the road."

As my mom and dad started packing up the car, Katrina whispered in my ear. "Where the hell did they even get a picture of me?"

I just shrugged. "I don't wanna know, to be honest with you."

She laughed a little before we helped get the rest of the things loaded up, then we hit the road back towards Katrina's parents house...

   After getting back, we headed inside to introduced my parents to Katrina's. 'This should be fun.' I thought.

   "Mom, dad, this is Sonny and Jacob, Katrina's parents." I said.

The parents shook hands before my dad addressed Jacob. "Well, sir, you must let me put you in touch with my interior decorator."

"Oh my God, Dad!" I scolded.

He looked to me. "Seashell, we talked about the blasphemy."

   I shook my head, whispering furiously. "I'm sorry, but you insulted their home."