Music (part 1)

Human au

Why was someone singing in my secret hangout? I thought I was the only one who dared to ditch classes. Whatever, I could definitely use someone to talk- or make music with. Maybe it was a good thing!

I had been making my way to my 'secret' room (though it apparently wasn't a secret anymore) when I had heard a euphonious voice coming from it. I had decided not to ask the singer to go away or anything like that yet. After all, maybe we could be singing buddies or something. 

I carefully laid my guitar down on the floor, careful not to disrupt the singer. I have to admit, her voice was beautiful. Effortlessly singing high notes I knew I would never reach, conveying emotions into musical notes... It was heavenly.

The tune was catchy and upbeat, but as I listened closer, the lyrics were sad. It was about longing for something just out of reach, like trying to remember a wonderful dream when you just woke up or trying to reach out to a loved one who is no longer around. It was perfect.

I slowly crept out from my hiding spot behind the wall, determined to find out who the owner of the beautiful voice was.

I was met with a scene similar to a Disney movie. The girl's eyes were shut, and she was standing right in the center of the room, facing the wall opposite from me. The girl had straight waist-length hair and was wearing an oversized grey hoodie. But asides from her clothes, she definitely was pretty enough to pass for a Disney princess. Replace the room with a forest, add some animals, and I would have thought I interrupted a live-action Disney film.

 Unfortunately, stealth was not my forte. Her eyes fluttered open and she turned around to face me. Her light brown eyes widened as they landed on me. She pulled her hood over her head and attempted to hide behind her hair, trying to stumble away from me.

"No, wait. Sorry, I didn't mean to be creepy. It's just that I'm not used to people finding my hiding place." I explained, grabbing her wrist to stop her from leaving. I needed to know her name, at least. I mean, you don't meet someone with a voice like that every day. She was insanely talented.  

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know it was your hiding place..." The girl murmured, vanishing deeper behind her blond locks. Oops. 

"N-no! What I meant was, you're ditching too, aren't you? It's fine, I came here to sing anyway, we can duet!" I stammered, pretty desperate at this point. The blond girl continued to hide behind her curtain of hair. 

"I'm Keefe Sencen, it's a pleasure to meet you, umm, ...?" I asked, recovering my smoothness just as quickly as I had lost it. Yes, very smooth. Ending a sentence with umm and using the most boring greeting phrase ever. I was as smooth as my hair. 

"Sophie. Sophie Foster." The girl blushed, slowly making her way out of the maze of hair that had fallen around her face. Her hair was messy but looked soft- I almost wanted to reach out and touch it- it almost rivaled my carefully styled hair. Almost. Because let's be honest here, no one's hair, not even hers, could ever beat mine. Yes, her hair looked very soft and silky and shiny and maybe I did want to stroke it- but that's not the point. 

"Well then Foster, do you want to sing with me?" I blurted, sounding really, really stupid. Foster smiled, pulling down her hood and brushing stray strands of hair away from her face. She beamed, and my heart melted. 

"Sure." She agreed. I casually bent over to pick up my guitar, slinging the strap over my shoulder, and began strumming a simple tune.

That was the best afternoon ever...

Little did I know I would never see that girl again.

part 2 coming soon!
love you guys more than sophie loves mallowmelt, byeee!