Mermaids

Human au

"The Shores of Solace, huh? The Waves of Wimpiness suits it better," I commented, examining my fingernails.

"You remind me too much of Romhilda." My dad, the idiot who names his houses, sighed.

I got up from my chair and glared at him, clenching my fists. I could feel my fingernails digging into my palm. "You and Mom chose to adopt her, because her old home was abusive. Yet Mom abused her, and you stood by and let her. You're the reason she moved out." I walked over and poked him in his skinny, blank chest.

My father's ice cold glare used to freeze me and make me want to run and hide, but this time, his glare felt forced- weak. "It doesn't matter anymore. Your mother cheated. Your sister is gone. We moved away from those meddlesome Vackers. You only have me." My father said, his voice rising with every word.

I continued glaring at my father- actually, can I call him Cassius? Because he doesn't deserve the title "Father".

It was like a much more intense version of those staring competitions I used to have with Fitzipoo, before I moved. The thought left me miserable and hollow. It had only been a week, but I was already missing the Vackers much more than I should have.

Finally, Cassius couldn't take it anymore. Wimp. He blinked. He then proceeded to whisper, "Disappointment. I should've left you on the streets with Romhilda." and stormed out of the room, my heart getting heavier with each footstep that echoed in the hallway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be a disappointment. But hearing that word, the same word my mother used to call me, brought back painful memories. She had cheated on my dad and tried to kill me, after all. Your mother attempting to murder you did have quite a large impact on your life.

I took a deep breath to try to calm myself, and slowly walked over to the wall, then punched it.

"Ow!" I cradled my fist and stumbled back a few steps. Cassius must've known I would have punched the walls again, and gotten punch-damage-proof walls or something.

Great. I couldn't even punch the stupid walls.

I explored the house for a while, and it was exactly the same as Candleshade- I know, Cassius names all his houses? What a freak.

Why move out of a house with 'painful memories' if you were going to move into an identical replica of the house?

I ambled around the house, roaming empty hallways without paying much attention to anything. Only the layout was different. Same paintings, same coloured walls, same haunted-castle-type-vibes emoting from every room.

Turns out there was one good thing about the Waves of Wimpiness, which was the beach. I have never been a surfer-type dude, but for some reason, this beach made me feel calm. A sense of calmness I hadn't felt in a very long time.

Maybe it was the calm breeze, or the steady sound of the waves crashing against the sand, but just watching the beach was soothing. I stood there for a while, right outside the back door of the house.

The sea seemed to call to me. Without thinking, I waddled into the water, with my clothes still on.

Suddenly, a huge wave of water came from nowhere. It washed over me, and I blacked out.

♡︎ 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 ♡︎

"Are you okay?" A feminine voiced asked. The voice was soft and melodic, and it was so soothing that I was so tempted to go black out again.

But then I realised I almost drowned, and someone saved me, which meant they trespassed on private property... or I washed up somewhere else.

My eyes snapped open. I saw a beautiful girl looming over me. She had shiny honey-blond hair, and brown eyes that glittered and shone in the sunlight, making them look golden. She was wearing a red coloured crop top. I guessed she was around the same age as me.