Fashion

Sophie's pov

"So, those noisy ugly things with circles and windows are kers?" Keefe asked, pointing at a parking lot. I bit my lip and tried not to laugh, but that only made me shake, which probably made me look like I was choking. "No, Keefe, they're cars. C-A-R-S." I explained slowly as if I were talking to a five-year-old.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure even human kindergarteners know that," Fitz commented, and I jumped a little, forgetting he was there. He had stayed silent the past few minutes, and for some reason, my sudden awareness of his presence made me a little uncomfortable.

 Keefe rolled his eyes dramatically. "That's because they're human. Do they know about gnomes and goblins and imparters and mallowmelt? No, I think not. And, also, you're supposed to be on my side!" He said the last line while clutching his heart, pretending to faint.

"Don't be so dramatic, we're supposed to just enjoy a week in the forbidden cities. We're supposed to have fun, remember? We're not supposed to be in a play," Dex said, taking over the role of being the 'Mom' of the group. A very strict mom, but still a mom.

"I think a play would be very enjoyable," Keefe sniffed. I silently agreed.

"But I don't. Something enjoyable would be like... a fashion show! Actually, we should be in a fashion show! We definitely all meet the human model standards. Human fashion is more casual, like Sophie's style, but I know plenty of tips and tricks to make everything look way better!" Biana exclaimed, twirling around to make her knee-length dress spin.

"I'm sure the human designers would really appreciate my super helpful tips, too. Unlike some people," She said, with a pointed look at me. "Besides, they could really use some tips. Their fashion sense is horrible." She added, gazing thoughtfully at a nearby group of female human teenagers. They were all dressed in short shorts and tight crop tops. I shuddered. I could never have the confidence to show that much skin. Even though I knew that all elves were supposedly 'better-looking' than humans, that fact never boosted my 12-year-old self's level of confidence. 

The girls caught sight of Biana looking at them and soon they were walking towards us. Or, umm, they were walking towards Dex, Tam, and Keefe. They ignored me, Linh, and Biana. 

"Hey. What are you guys doing here?" The tallest one, who had honey-blond hair tied back in a tight ponytail asked. She also had striking blue eyes. No fair! A human gets blue eyes, but I don't?

She gave the boys a sweet smile that made me feel sick, though I was sure many human boys would swoon at the sight of it, and faint if it was directed at them. Thankfully, Keefe, Fitz, Dex, and Tam were not human. 

"Yeah, we've never seen you guys around here before." Another girl flirted, this time with short red hair and mesmerizing green eyes. She tried to touch Keefe's shoulder, and I felt jealousy flare inside of me. Excuse me? Who did she think she was? Um, I was angry because I was his friend, of course. No other reason. 

Keefe flinched away from her, taking a few steps back. Tam, Fitz, and Dex followed his lead, backing away from the touchy group of girls. 

"We're just vising," Keefe answered coldly. He grabbed my hand, turning away from them. We quickly began to walk, and I could hear the other's footsteps behind us. "Ugh, flirty humans are unbearable." He mumbled. I grinned. "Well, you still have tons of... umm, suitors in the Elvin one." For some reason, that thought made me feel angry again. 

Just then, Biana started talking. I turned around to face her, Keefe and my hand's somehow untangling from each other in the process. Oops. I kind of liked when he held my hand.